Chapter 9

I want to scream. I want to shout for help and hug her and check if she's alive.

But I dont.

All I can do is stare at her lifeless body, and wonder what would happen to me.

I start to move my hand, to grab the flower in her hair and put it in her hand. But I cant.

I want to feel bad.

But I cant.

I just stand there, and connect both of my index and ring fingers together. Our symbol.

It use to stand for togetherness. That even if we were losing, we would still be holding on.

Now I'm not so sure.

I turn back around and go to the race, standing in my exact position as before, and get cuffed again.

7 people have already made it to the finish, all teenagers, but the little girls and boys cant even tie there shoes without trying.

I somehow manage to de-attach the nail on the bottom of my shoe that cuffed me to the ground, then went to help the younger children, and Hunter and Chase watch me do it.

"Well well well. Look who has a soul?" Hunter says as he paces next to me.

I crouch down and un-nail a little girls shoe, Molly, I think, and ignore Hunters comment.

"What's wrong Mouse? Cat got your tounge?" He takes his foot and kicks me over.

I stare at him in complete discust, then continue my work.

Molly jumps up and down, glad she can move again.

"Yay! Tank you Cwystal!"

She hugs me and skips to the end, as I move on to the next person.

"Stay away, Mouse.No one wants you here."

I glance up to see a guy about my age, maybe older, but he doesnt look to happy.

"Fine. But your the last one here."

He looks back and forth, shocked he hasnt figured out how to do it yet.

I stand up and dust my self off, then slowly walk to the ending point.

"Wait! I take it back! Help! Please!"

"Your loss!" I yell, and pass the point.

Everyone screams and cheers my name, as I look back but don't see the boy anymore.

"Hey, what happened to the boy?" I ask Chase, but he simply dusts off his hands.

"Taken care of. Everyone! Attention! You will be off for about 30 minutes. Do whatever you like. Then, we will meet at the shooting area, Alright!?"

Everyone drifts off, talking about the excitments, as I search for Hunter.

I finally spot him, and call out his name, but he ignores me and keeps walking.

"Hunter! Wait!" I grab his hand, and finally, he turns around to face me.

"We need to talk."