Defying All Odds

"Are you okay?"

That was the 32nd time someone asked me that.

"Yes. I'm fine." I said for the 32nd time.

"Are you sure??"

"I. Am. Fine." I snapped.

Just then Kd105 came along.

"Omg!! Are you okay!?? I heard what happened and I was totes sick yesterday!!" She yelled as she gave me a quick squeeze.

I pulled her away from the crowd and collapsed into sorrow.

"I did it!" I sobbed. "I really did it!"

Kd105 pulled me in tightly for comfort as I squeezed her.

"Are- Are you sure you did it?" She choked out.

"What else could have happened!!?"

"I- I- I dont know.."

So we sat there, on the bathroom ground, Kd105 waiting until my eyes threw everything they had until they were all dry.

"Kd107! Kd105!" A strict and familiar voice yelled.

"Y- Yes Ma'am?" Kd105 Answer Quitely.

"Get out right now! I dont care if one of you is dead, I want both of your god damn bodies in front of my eyes!! Now!" She Whistled Out.

So we slumped out of the bathroom in true horror, only to get cuffed by Master Jones' Hands.

"When we get back, go straight to your rooms, get the cardboard, and out!" She hollered at us.

"Yes Ma'am." We obeyed.

When we got to our "home", we scurried off to our trash of a room, and grab the cardboard, and run out to the summer blaze night.

I set my bed near a tree and sigh as Kd105 follows.

"I'm sorry about what happened.. But dont be so hard on yourself! At least she didn't die! It's just a broken nose, and even she didn't cry about it!"

I stop for a second. What was I doing!? Our tests were tomorrow and I cant even stay still if I hit someone on accident!

"Your right." I tell her. "I need to straighten myself out. The tests are tomorrow. I need to man up."

She claps and cheers. "That's what Im talkin' 'bout!"

I smile as my eyes grow into weights. I yawn and hug Kd105 goodnight.

"Night Kd105"

"Nighty Night Kd107"

I shut my eyes and meet another world. Litterly.

When I awake and turn to face Kd105, I see an empty cardboard mat laying on the grass.

"Kd? Where are you?"

I dont get a response, so I run into the center to check if she's there.

"Excuse me ma'am, but do you have an idea where Kd05 might have went? I've searched frantically for her but cant seem to find her."

The clerk lady stares straight at me with a kind face.

"Why yes 107, 105 left for the test. It's a very special day!"

I nod and run into my room. Yup. 105's definitely been here.

The whole place is tidied up, with not a spot to be seen.

I grab the closest thing I find, and change into it. It's not much really.. Just a sleeveless top and some shorts. Not much a big fan on fashion.

Then, I run out of the building, and hop on to the train. There, I see a lot of people my age and older, all eager and nervous for the same reason.

"Your fidgeting. that's a sign that your membranes are malfunctioning. Also that you have no idea what's going to happen at the tests."

A guy tells me.

"Well nerdherd, let's take a look over everything, shall we? We all live in a parentless area, about to take the test that might make or break us, instead of living in dumps where people beat us as if we have no purpose, and if flunk it, make us one of the vagrant. So, whaddaya think?!" I tell him.

"Lovely." He laughs as if there isn't going to to be a deathtrap in a few minutes.

"Ha. Easy for you to say. Your the whole package when it comes to smarts!" I scoff.

He rolls his eyes and I grab out a paper and pencil and start to draw what I see in my dreams.

"What's that?" I jump to surprise as I hear the voice. Oh. Just techgeek.

"Nothing. Why are you being so nosy!?" I snap at him.

"Well.. Sorry." He turns around and is about to leave when I hold him by the arm.

"Wait! I- I'm sorry. I guess I'm just not used to people, you know, who dont want to hit me.."

"Oh." Is all he can say.

He sits down next to me and sighs.

"So, I'm assuming that you aren't going to tell me?" He asked.

"So many questions, when I dont even know your name!"

He laughs. "We dont have names. But, I think I'll pick... Peter! Yah. Has a nice ring to it, eh?"

"Oh yeah. I can definitely see that." I say.

"Well, what about your name? You'll need one, wont you?"

I stop. I never though about that.

"I- I dont know.. I guess names never bothered me.."

"Well, how about Elizabeth? I fits you well, I guess." He states.

"Uh.." I didn't know what name I wanted! All I knew was I needed one. Kd107 wasn't really suiting me. I finally think about it. "Yeah. But can you call me Liz? I like that bit."

Peter smiles and stares at me. "Alright 'Liz'. Whatever you say so."

We stay like that until someone yells about stopping, and I assume that we were at our stop.

I, Was Wrong.

© 2015 by Writing_Reader

All rights reserved to Writing_Reader

So don't get any ideas. 🚮