Chapter 7

Im Sorry These Chapters Are Short =/ I Have To Keep It Updated Tho.

I stare at the empty spot where Hunter should be helping me with my spear jabbing. and all my questions. But no. That's not how it works. Instead he's laughing and smiling with some foreign girl from Sector 6.

I tap Chase, our head guide, the one who looks out at everyone and records it.

"Yeah?" He asks.

"Uh well, you see, my friend, KD105 also went on the train- or the test, and I haven't seen her at all. Do you have an idea where she might be? I mean, everyone got off, except her."

He chuckles and stares me dead in the eye.

"No one said everyone got off."

I stare at him, with my eyes wide open.

"But if she did succeed the test, then she should have been at the Name center."

I squeeze my eyes shut and stare at him.

"She wasn't there." I tell him.

He just smiles. "Then she didn't make it." Chase turns around and starts helping some child.

"Alright everyone! Today, we will be in partners for boxing."

People start grabbing each others arm, and he claps.

"I picked them"

Everyone groans but some start screaming when they hear the partner names.

"Anna With Jaxson"

A 9 year old girl tilts her head up to see the 18 year old guys she will be fighting.

"What!? I cant hit her!" Jaxson yells.

"What a shame."  Chase taps his heel, and a hole apears right in front of Jaxson.

"Now, anyone that doesnt want to fight, can jump as I call the names."

He calls more and more partners, and when he says my name, I shriek.

"Crystal and.... Oh. I guess she has to fight me or Hunter."

Hunter sits at the back wall glaring at me.

"So, Chase it is? Wait!" Chase turns and looks at the crowd,then points.

"You. Come forward."

The girl from the train walks out, and stares at Chase with big, beady eyes.

"Whats your name?" He says kindly, and crouches down to her size.

"Melody."

"Okay then Melody, now how old are you?"

"I'm fiwve." She says, swinging side to side.

"Great. You will be fighting Crystal." He snaps, and stands up.

"Are you kidding me!?  I am Not going to hurt her!"

Chase takes his arm and wraps it around my shoulders, then walks me to the hole.

"Ladies first." He says kindly.

"Then by all means," I twirl my arms and bow, showing him that he is suposed to go first.

"You little brat." He says, and kicks my legs, making me fall in.

I stare at the brick in complete darkness.

"I would never hurt a soul. I'm not that type of person."

I fall into a cushioned mattress, and sigh in relief.

They wouldnt throw me out. They couldnt.

I get back up and follow the arrows to the dormitories, smiling the whole way.

This is what it's like to be brave. This is how my life is now.