~Half Truths~

Thankfully,  I didn't see much of Ryan for rest of the day. At the end of the day, I had detention.I needed to talk to someone and I knew I would be able to do that only at the detention without anyone overhearing or being suspicious of us.

               As I had expected, the room was empty save for one person.He had shown up.He had fallen for my trap.

                     I decided to open conversation with simple question, "Isn't there supposed to be a teacher to supervise us? "

                 He looked up at me and smiled.It wasn't genuine but appeared friendly enough .

                 "We could have met somewhere else,you know.Coach is going to be furious that I got  detention on the very first day and missed practice."

               "Chill, you can leave in few minutes. No one's coming to supervise us anyway.We are the only people who got into trouble today."

               "Fine, but why did you asked me to meet you here?"

               "You helped me last time.I was wondering if you will help me this time as well."

             "Why me? And what's in it for me?"

              "I know for fact that you hate Ryan.You are not the greatest fan of Mike either.He stole your girl,your position, your popularity .That's quite a lot, don't you think so?You got to be atleast  little bit upset about it.If you agree to help me, I will make sure that you get what you deserve."

                  "It's tempting but I have lot to lose Sammy.Mike can make our lives hell. He can cost me everything. I'm already on a scholarship as it is.I don't want any trouble for my last year.I don't hate him enough to risk it all."

                 I had to hand it to this guy.If I didn't know the real story, I would have believed him.He had come to meet me solely to agree to help me and to win my trust.Mike had specifically ordered him to do so.And even though Mark hated Michael, he would never double cross him.

                  "Exactly,  it's our last year; our last chance.Trust me, you don't wanna spend your life wondering what could have been had you said yes to me.Plus, I have spent quite a time planning all this, I know that I am going to win.Moreover, if you want, no one will ever know about this.It will be our secret.What do you think?"

               He pretended to think but the answer was yes.He had no other choice.

             "Alright,  but no one, I mean no one can ever know.I hope this works otherwise we are screwed.Anyway,  I gotta go now.They are probably wondering where the hell I am."

               "Okay, but listen I will contact you whenever I need you.Don't initiate the contact.This is very important if you want your involvement to remain secret."

                 "Got it.Bye, see ya around. "

             Apparently, fate was on my side this time.The plan was going very smoothly, more than I had expected.Obviously,  they underestimated me once again.They simply didn't believe that I could actually harm them.Well, I was about to prove them wrong, deadly wrong.I was tired of being played, of being a pawn in their power games.I guess,  they had forgotten that when pawn reaches to the end of board, it becomes queen.