~Step One~

Friendship, it's such a wonderful thing.It is a ray of hope in a night full of darkness.It's a crutch which allows you to walk while your strength returns.I was always the girl who provided support for others, who kept rational head while chaos erupted .I had to be.I had seen the consequences of letting your heart guide.Yet, after what I said to Ryan, I was restless.I wanted to believe so badly that I was telling the truth but I wasn't.It was bullshit and I knew it.Thankfully my friends were there to help me even though they didn't know it.

                     "Stop it Jase,  we want to get them talking; not screaming." Layla had taken it on herself to get my house talking with me again.I had decided that I wouldn't interfere with this one , afterall curiosity is a powerful motive.I was sure that someone will break rule but Layla was impatient.So, here we were.Sitting with none other than Alex and his minions.Jason was in process of yelling at a poor junior to get him to talk with me.He seemed to be already breaking down.It was funny actually,  poor guy was so terrified.He was sitting straight across from Alex who was acting unfazed.I knew it was act, who could tolerate some guy yelling so close to you? But he couldn't tell Jason to shut up either. Jason belonged to black house and so as punishment for talking to me,nobody could talk to him as well.As fun as it was, I knew it wouldn't be fair.The only person at this table who will talk to me was scaredy cat junior and he was no use to me.

            "Let it be Jase.Poor kid looks terrified already.Such a wuss.It's not worth the trouble.Let's go.Maybe tomorrow we'll have better luck."

              "Yeah, let's go Jase.I need to complete that stupid maths sheet."

           We got up and started walking towards cafeteria doors.Layla and Jason were walking ahead of me arguing about maths homework.As I neared the doors, Priscilla crashed into me.Finally some one on one.I had a score to settle with her.

             "Watch it.Oh, look who it is-Her highness."

               "Well wicked witch, nice to see you too.How many poor guys you manipulated today?"

                  "That's the thing Sam, I don't need to.People like me."

            "They are scared of you Pris. They don't like you but you don't care about that, do you? As long as they follow your commands like lost puppy, you are happy."

                   "Ohh, don't you dare act like you are any better.You are nothing more than a name.Your ancestors' name.You want the same things I do."

                "Fair enough.Yes, I want what you want and have.But I don't want it to satisfy my ego.I want it so you can't have it.I am going to take everything you love away from you."

               It was an open challenge.One that I planned on winning.I had nothing to hide, I was out for blood and there was nothing she could do to stop me.Afterall, I was only claiming what was mine.

                "I would love to see you try Sam.And I would be none too happy to see you fail.Best of luck!"

               She turned on her heels and walked back to table, her table.Soon, I was going to destroy each and everyone sitting at that table.

                 I followed Jason and Lyla out the doors.I told them to go ahead,I had someone to meet.And sure enough,  he was waiting for me on the deserted second floor.

               "Took you long enough.Was that little show in cafeteria necessary? It will be over soon enough."

                I couldn't help it.I started laughing.With each burst of laughter, my anger increased.