~Week with grandpa~

On the ride over to his house, we both were silent.If this was how the week was going to be then I was glad I had brought my headphones with me.I still couldn't think of single reason why grandpa would be spending a week with me.He looked lost in thoughts.But then again, he will have to think hard if he wanted to start a conversation with me.Afterall, talking with stranger isn't so easy.With the sight of house, many ugly memories raised their head.I had sworn that I would never set foot in that house again and if I wanted to stay true to my word, I will have to break the ice.

         "I'm not coming in there."

          He had audacity to look surprised.I didn't expect him to care about my feelings but I sure as hell expected him to remember.I remembered that day like yesterday.

         "I wish you were never born.You ruined all my plans.First your father and now you.You both are the same-useless."

        Some memories only bring pain.They are better left buried in some dark corner of your mind.And to do that I need to be far away from here.If grandpa wants to spend time with me, he will have to do so on my terms.

          "I know you don't like the place but you are going to have to come in.Come on up, I will be waiting for you in study."

        I don't know why I bother.He never stops to think about how I feel.Fine, then.He can wait all he wants. If he wants to talk to me, he will come to me.I turned around and asked driver to drive me to my home.Atleast dad will be happy to see me.As soon as we reached home, driver's phone rang.I knew it was grandpa.Must be a shock for him, anyone rarely disobeys him and he definitely wasn't expecting me to reject.I never have in the past but it's not past and I am not the same girl.I won't make the same mistakes again.

      Driver turned the car around and started for grandpa's house again.He can have me there but I am not setting foot in that home.

        Thankfully, as we returned, grandpa was standing at the gate and was ready to talk elsewhere.He looked annoyed, so my day instantly brightened.

      "Have it your way then.Where to Sam?"

        "Stop that."

       "What?"

       "Calling me Sam."

       "I thought you preferred Sam.That's what everyone calls you, right?"

      "Yes, but you have never called me Sam before.Why start now? It sounds weird coming from you."

         "Look, I know we have never seen eye to eye before but I am trying this time."

         "New trick? You think just because you are nice to me for 5 minutes, I will forget last 16 years? You can try all you want I am not telling you my plan nor am I going to stop it."

          He sighed like he was tired with me.Like I was acting unreasonable.I don't think I was wrong though. The last time I trusted a family member,she nearly had me signing all my rights to property over to her.I learnt my lesson well.I don't want the money but I won't let anyone cheat me.

       "Where to?"

       "I would say home but you won't like that.I don't like your house and you mine.Other than that, I am out of options.It's been so long since I was last here."

        "Your brother owns a penthouse nearby, doesn't he? How about we continue our talk there?"

        "I have no problem but I don't have key for it or anything and I doubt he's home."