Chapter 29

It's been ages since I last uploaded, I know. But here's finally a new chapter, and I promise that I won't take another break like that ever again.

Hope you like. Remember to leave a comment, vote if you like it. Check out my new story "Destined To Love You" too, it would mean a lot :)

Not proofread, sorry. Just bear with me, I'll edit the whole book when it's finished.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 29

 It takes nearly an hour to calm Serenae down after Rachele’s little revelation. She screams and yells curses directed to everyone that’s unfortunate enough to be within earshot. I never thought that I’d ever witness Chason’s cousin lose her mind. She’s always been the cool, careless and silent type of person. But boy can she throw a fit! It’s almost scary watching her. It’s like watching a ticking bomb finally detonate after thinking that it never would.

 “What the hell are you thinking, you id –”

 “I think you should go, and let me talk to my cousin alone,” Chason sighs, gesturing

 Rachele shrugs, looking at Serenae with an uninterested expression. “Whatever. We’ll go hunt, or something.” She narrows her eyes slightly. “We’ll be back…soon,” she adds.

 Translation; you had better not go anywhere.

 Serenae glares daggers at her and the two boys as they disappear behind the trees. Then she turns to Chason, her face redder than I’ve ever seen it. Chason’s taller than her, but the way she’s glaring at him and the way he’s backing away, she might as well be hovering over him.

 “Hey, calm down,” he says, raising his hands defensively. “Jesus, just relax, alright?”

 “You’re the biggest idiot I’ve ever met in my entire life,” she snaps.

 “I’m not, it was the right thing to do.”

 “The right thing to do? Chason, we can’t trust them! Those morons will kill us the first chance they get, and now you’ve given them the perfect opportunity to!”

 “I was saving our lives,” he retorts, his expression equally as dangerous now. I can only stand by and watch helplessly as they both look like they’re about to rip each other’s heads off.

 She looks at him in disbelief. “You’re an idiot,” she mutters, shaking her head like she’s telling it to herself. “An absolute idiot.”

 He lets out a heavy sigh and runs his fingers through his hair. Then he turns to me. “Runa?” he asks, biting his lips.

 I raise my eyebrows. Is he seriously expecting me to support his half-assed decision? “Sorry, I’m with Serenae on this one. What were you thinking, Chason, seriously?” I ask, my own anger starting to build up inside.

 “I didn’t have a choice,” he insists. “It was join their alliance, or die. Simple as.”

 “Both options will end with the same result either way! How can you possibly trust them?”

 “I don’t. Not at all.”

 “Oh that’s just great!” Serenae interrupts. “We can’t trust them, we can’t kill them, and now we’re stuck with them.”

 Chason shoots her an apologetic glance. “I’m sorry, alright? But it doesn’t change anything. You can hate me and be pissed off, but what’s done is done.”