Chapter 12

Hey guys!

So I know that I posted a new chapter like yesterday, but I was so excited to write this chapter, so I simply couldn't wait a minute longer.. Anyways, don't hate on me after you've read who will have to fight each other. I have a plan for everything! And this one is a little short, but at least you get to find out which two contestants it is..

Guess you've learned by now that my chapters aren't proofread? xD point out the mistakes that you can find, pleasee

And as usual, vote if you like it, comment to let me know what you think, like if you have facebook, fan me if you like my work...whatever floats your awesome boat :D

SHITSHITSHIT, The Hunger Games is coming on cinema tomorrow!!! SO SO SO excited, can't wait to see it!!

Anyways, enough of my babbling, enjoy :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter12

“For Christ sake – stupid morons – f*ck, f*ck – DAMNNIT!” Cato growls as he grabs a glass of water and throws it at the wall so it shatters into a thousand pieces.

 I back away warily, feeling nervous now. I’ve never seen Cato lose control like that. He yells out curses and insults, while destroying the furniture in his room and smashes the walls with his fists. “Jesus, calm down already,” I tell him and put my hand on his arm.

 He’s so mad that he’s shaking, like a volcano that’s about to explode.

 At that moment, Jerich walks into the room, and his mouth drops when he sees the shattered glass and the smashed furniture. Then a huge grin is plastered across his face.

 “Get out!” says Cato, looking like he’s ready to kill. “Get out, or I swear to God I will – “ he doesn’t even bother to finish his threat.

 Jerich raises an eyebrow, but I guess something about Cato’s face tells him that he better not challenge him right now, because Jerich leaves immediately without objecting.

 I drag Cato with me and force him down on a chair that luckily survived his tantrum. Then I put my arms around him; his body is stiff as a board. It’s like hugging a stone sculpture. “It’s okay,” I tell him over and over, patting his back gently. “We’ll survive this, alright?”

 I lock my eyes with his, and look at him severely. “Listen to me, Cato, we will survive this. Do you hear me?” I say, holding his gaze.

 His eyes are filled with tears. “How can they do this?” he snaps, angry and upset at the same time. “Isn’t that against the rules?”

 I smile, but it’s totally humorless. “This is the Odium Games, remember? There are no rules…”

 “Damn it!” says Cato, reaching for another glass to throw at the wall.

 I put my hands on either side of his face, forcing him to focus on me. “Listen to me! No matter what, we’ll survive. I promise that, no matter what, we’ll find a way to get through this, okay?”

 “But what if they choose us?” he says tearfully. “What then? We’ll fight each other, or what?!”

 I flinch as I imagine how painful that would be, me and Cato having to fight and possibly kill each other. The pain is unbearable, and it feels like the hole in my chest is widened. No, it feels like someone is punching through my chest all over again, creating a new hole. It hurts just to imagine it. I don’t even want to think about it. “We will be fine,” I tell him dully, but determined. “Do you hear me? We will get through this, because you know what? We have each other. Whatever else has changed, that hasn’t.”