Chapter 14

God, I'm so excited to publish this!!

I'm also very curious about what you will think of this chapter. I expect strong reactions, maybe even death threats (*cough Anna and Alouise..:P)

Not proofread, but you already know that.

I'd appreciate it if you could leave a comment, I really want to know your opinions! Also, vote if you like it, fan me if you like my works :D

ENJOY!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter14

 I’m on my feet immediately.

 “CATO! CATO!” I scream, banging helplessly on the glass wall. I don’t give a crap about all the other contestants and people that are watching me; all I want to do is to get through this damn wall and get to Cato. I need to help him.

 I have to help him.

 “CATO!” Tears start running down my face, and I begin to hyperventilate. What am I going to do?

 Someone grabs my arm from behind, pulling me down. I spin around angrily, ready to let my fist make contact with his face, but stop abruptly when I see that it’s Chason.

 “Come on,” he says, his voice soothing.

 “I can’t – I have to -”

 “What? What will you do? It’s no use anyway, if he’s gone…then there’s nothing you can do for him now.”

 Thank you, Chason. Way to comfort me.

 “Well, looks like we have a winner,” Veronica murmurs quietly behind me.

 I shake my head, refusing to believe it. I bury my face in his chest, shaking uncontrollably while whispering ‘no’ over and over.

 Then I can hear everyone gasp. I turn my eyes towards the lake, and then I’m on my feet again, standing as close to the glass wall as I possibly can. I can see something moving in the water. It’s a dark figure, but…who – or what – is it?

 I cross my fingers and toes and beg for it to be Cato. Please, dear God, let it be him.

 The figure is swimming closer, while I bite my lip so hard that I can taste blood. When I see a glimpse of Cato’s black hair, I collapse on the ground, breathing out heavily.

 Cato literally drags himself out of the water, stumbles forwards before falling down on the ground, gasping for air. Just then I notice the blood gushing out from his left arm. It’s like a piece of his meat there has been cut out by a knife.

 “At least he’s alive,” Chason tells me, patting my arm gently. I laugh, feeling the relief run through me. I give him a hug, just because I’m so happy that my bestfriend is still alive.

 Serenae looks at me with a weird expression on her face, like she’s trying to figure me out. “Not for long,” she says, pointing to the forest.

 Jerich comes crashing out of the trees, heading straight towards the lake. He doesn’t look like he’s badly hurt, though I can see some huge burn marks on his face and his arms. It looks like he’s limping too. But he sure as hell seems to be in a much better condition than Cato is. Plus…he has a weapon. I can see him clutching a small, bloody knife.

 And then I realize; Cato doesn’t. He must’ve lost the bow and arrow when the shark bit him. Now he’s just lying on the ground panting, while his opponent is running towards him.