Chapter 16

I've been extremely emotional all day, because something really sad happened...so I don't really know how good this chapter is, I've just felt like crying the whole time.

This song's chapter is "The hardest thing" by Tyler Ward. This is also the song that Chason's singing. I'm not a songwriter, so I couldn't write a new, original song, but I used Tyler Ward simply because I love it, and it's absolutely beautiful. As for the song's lyrics, I made a few changes so that it suited Chason's situation a little more. Please listen to the song while reading this.

While writing this chapter, I also listened to "Echo" by Jason Walker, it's seriously my favorite song at the moment, so please listen to that song too. The lyrics means a lot to me, and I can't even begin to tell what kind of feeling it brings out of me when I listen to it.

Not proofread, because I'm tired.

Remember to vote if you like it. A comment also means the world, even if you don't know why. I appreciate it so much.

Enough babbling. As I said, extremely emotional today.

Enjoy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 16

It takes two nurses, one doctor, Martinius and Chason to drag me out of there, and even then, they’re struggling.

 Eventually they manage to force me into the elevator, and then Chason carries me into our room, while I keep screaming for Cato. I throw myself down on my bed immediately, burying my face in the soft pillow.

 I start sobbing. It feels nice, to finally be able to cry my heart out, let all the tears blind me. My chest is burning, my heart beating, my eyes stinging like crazy. But it feels good.

 Chason leaves me alone, which makes me forever grateful.

 Now that I’ve first started crying, it’s impossible to stop. The tears run down my face constantly, and for hours it feels like all I know is to cry. A fire could’ve started, and I wouldn’t have noticed. All I can think about is Cato. Why does all kind of crap always happen to him? Already twice today I’ve believed that he was dead. And just when I thought that he was finally safe, another disaster slaps me in the face. Yeah, my bestfriend is in a coma. A freaking coma. Oh, and might I just add that he’s possibly brain damaged too. Let’s not forget the fact that there’s a chance that he’ll never wake up. Ever.

 What an eventful day I’ve had.

 “Runa?” says Chason carefully, moving closer to sit on my bed beside me. He brushes a few hair locks from my face, studying it warily. “I’m sorry, I really wish there was something I could do to help you,” he mutters quietly.

 “If you say that everything is going to be okay, I swear to God I will strangle you,” is my answer, my voice sounding hoarse, which gives a nice effect to my threatening tone.

 He chuckled. “I know, it sounds really stupid right? I promise I won’t say it.”

 I open my mouth to give him some snarky comment, but burst into tears instead.

 Without a word, he climbs onto my bed, and put his arms protectively around me. How weird, this is the third time today he has shown me this kind of comfort. Not that I’m complaining. It makes me recall all of the moments when Cato and I used to hold around each other, and right now, I miss my best friend so badly that anything that reminds me of his presence is good enough for me. It feels like I haven’t seen him for weeks, rather than hours. I sob loudly until my eyes feel dry.