Chapter 27

Chapter 27 - Drawing MY Line

For about 20 minutes; Orton, Punk and I were blanketed in silence. The type of silence that not only deafens you, but brings pain even to the deepest centre of your soul. 

I went from man to man during this time and cleaned their faces from the bloody battle they seemed to take part in only half an hour ago. After all the arguing that went on after that, all I truly wanted to do was run home to Chicago and pretend like everything never happened. But I couldn't do that, I was in too deep and running would be a cowardly act. 

Beth and Nattie said that they had talked with Sam and that we would all meet up when Orton, Punk and myself came to a solution. A 100% clear, concise conclusion that truly seemed a lifetime away. 

Sighing, I sat in a nearby chair and hugged my knees, trying to figure out ways to fix my very broken world. Here I sat looking at two men that loved me and it seemed as if I only loved one, but maybe love the other. It's like choosing your favourite chocolate; you can't. It's basically the same and you have the taste you prefer. Even with a favourable taste, you're still going to eat the rest if given the opportunity. 

It was like that with Punk and Orton; I had the kind, caring, compassionate Punk that I had fallen for so long ago and never got over. I then had the sexy, angry yet deep down loving Orton who seemed to possess a strong lust over me so long ago but claimed to love me now. 

I know it seems like my choice should be evident, but something tells me that Orton is telling the truth, and it isn't at all manipulation.

Trying to keep things in perspective, I sighed once again. Orton's eyes were fuelled with anger; Punk's full of a hidden emotion he was most certainly holding close to his chest. Both great guys, but I seriously had no idea who I seemed to love more. 

But who said I have to choose?? 

Getting up to pace the room, I remained in the mindset that I could somehow think up a smart, logical solution that would keep everyone happy. But I guess, I needed to understand that I came first and I was happy, everyone in my world would follow. 

'Answer me this Orton... why didn't you just tell Em how you felt instead of trying to manipulate her then and now?' I nearly jumped two feet in the air as I heard Punk's rage radiate around the room. 

'I dunno... I guess I was just so angry.' 

'Em...? Why'd you do it? Why did you have sex with Orton when you were still clearly in love with me?' I heard the pain from Punk this time, feeling my heart break even more. 

'Well, the first time, I was unconscious. The second? Lust. I swear Punk.' I bit my lip as I watched Punk sigh, waiting for him to reply. I think I bit too hard because I felt a warm drop of liquid slowly roll down my chin. 

'Em, you're bleeding.' I looked at Orton and sighed. Quickly, I grabbed the cloth and dabbed it on my lip, which I felt throbbing and swelling as every second went on. 

'Orton, what possesses someone to fuck another unconscious!?' I again nearly died of fright as Punk stood up, watching as his knuckles turned white and he dug his nails into his palms as his rage resurfaced. I sat and well, shamefully watched the awkward confrontation because truly, I didn't know what to do now. 

'Back off Punk, I was in a bad mind set and I was seriously ready to do anything to get my hands on Emily. I've changed now.' Orton tried defending himself but sadly, you could see his strong facade was falling quickly, and the manipulation was appearing. 

'Wow Orton, you're going to blame those fucking voices in your head? What cowardly act do you call that?' as the sarcasm dripped from Punk, I got up and stood in the middle of the boys, hoping that my presence would change things.