Chapter 21

Chapter 21 - Running Away Back Home

After Adam left, I think I stood at the door of the RV for a very long time, just contemplating what I wanted to do. So many things ran through my head, so many risks and consequences that could come out of the next chapter in my life. 

But the thing was, I wasn't over Punk. Not over him by a long shot. And yet I still managed to find feelings in my heart for Cena. Why was love this hard? I had no idea. Sighing deeply, I opened the door and walked inside, peering around the corner looking for Cena's friendly face. 

For a while, it was just small steps with large silence. It seemed as if I was the only one here. Shrugging, sighing out some of the nerves, I went for the fridge to grab a bottle of water. Yet on the door was a note being held up with the only magnet on the fridge which ironically was one of those corny John Cena ones from years back when he was all gangster and "WORD, LIFE". Laughing a little, I grabbed the note off the fridge. 

"Hey Em, everything I want to say will be told later. Vince wanted me to jet over to California for a show. I should be back around midnight tonight." 

Really a little frustrated, I sipped some water I pulled from the fridge. 

'Ah well, I guess I gotta wait then,' I said to myself. Bouncing onto my bed, I rolled over and glared at the time, 2:38pm. Groaning,  I realised that I needed to do something to make time fly. Suddenly hearing the sound of my phone, I rushed for it. Seeing that the caller ID was John, I rapidly answered it, my heart rate picking up. 

'Hello?' 

'Hey,' 

'Hi John, what's going on? You get to Cali okay?' 

'Yeah, everything's cool, I'm just backstage before the show. How is Adam?' 

'Yeah he's cool.' I said. 

'So umm... with that kiss before...' I began, feeling the nerves escalate. 

'Yeah, umm. Em, there's something I need to tell you,' with my ears pricking up and my eyes widening, I decided to sit on the nearby couch for this. 

'Yeah, tell away,' I said, trying to be all confident. 

'I was wondering if you wanted to be my girlfriend...?'

For a while, I was silent. I seriously didn't know how to reply. I saw it coming yeah, but I honestly never thought about what I would say when it did. 

'Em?' Cena's voice echoed through my ear and throughout my head, his question replaying in my head a million times over. 

'Ummm, John, I really don't know because we both know I'm not over Punk, and I never will be to be completely honest...' 

'Well, I'll help you. I'll care for you more than Punk ever could.' sighing at Cena's voice, I shook my head, sensing an overwhelming feeling wash over me like waves in the sea. Instantly, I knew what I had to do. 

'Cena, can I think about this?' hearing him sigh, I held my breath. 

'Yeah, totally, we'll talk about it when I get back, okay?' 

'Yeah, totally, bye John,' 

'Bye Em,' and with that, he disconnected the call. Dropping my phone on the couch, I rushed for my laptop, quickly firing it up and clicking on the Internet, typing in the airline website to purchase flight tickets. 

Scanning the website, I found a flight from Houston to Chicago, which would be departing at 5.30pm this evening. Peering at the time in the top right hand corner, I realised I had 4 hours. Booking the flight and printing off the right documents, I ran into my room to pack clothes for my full week endeavour.