Chapter 7

Chapter 7 - You're Just So ... Sadistically Sweet

As I sat in my locker room that night in Phoenix, Arizona, I consumed myself with my own thoughts: trying to figure out how things had come to what they were. 

'Hey Em,' I looked up to see that sarcastic voices of Kelly and Eve. They smirked and laughed, making me feel even sicker. 

'What do you want?' I asked, the coldness clear in my voice.

'We just wanted to see how our loser was holding up?' they smirked again, the feeling of sadness washing over me. 

'I'm fine thanks, how are you bitches?' I asked. They looked at me with piercing daggers as I smirkedat my own comment. Kelly then walked up to me and slammed me right in the forehead with the Divas championship belt. I fell to the ground, my head throbbing in pain. I held my hand up to feel the centre of pain when suddenly I also felt warm liquid slowly drip down my face. I pulled my hand into view and it was covered in blood. I held my hand there, tempted to show how strong I really was. 

'Let us get something straight, this is what you get for backstabbing us,' glared Eve. I looked at her in shock, trying to not let the fact that the room was spinning get in my way. 

'I was always nice to you too, I never did anything. I was friends with Beth and Nattie and you think it's okay to diss me for it?' 

'Being friends with them is siding with them, which is backstabbing in our books,' 

'And you're sucking up to Vince too, so get over it princess,' I felt the urge to fight back but I knew I didn't have the strength nor the words to feel the strength to fight. They laughed evilly and walked out. I sat there in tears, holding a moist towel to the wound on my head. I remained on the floor too weak to stand on my feet. 

'Emily, are you okay?' I looked up and saw one of the last people I wanted to see. 

'I'm fine Punk, now go run off with Kelly or someone,' I said coldly, trying to shrug his attention off me. 

'That wound doesn't look fine,' he said as he started to walk towards me. He then took the towel from my head so he could see the wound. He assessed it for a while, stroking my hair from the blood.Everytime his fingertips touched my forehead, I tingled inside. It was like his touch was something I was looking for. 

But who am I kidding? He's MY enemy, the one who made this Kelly/Eve situation even worse. 

'Not serious Dr. Punk?' I asked, a little smile creeping on my face. Punk chuckled a little bit and wet the moist towel more, placing it back on my head. 

'Nope, just a little cut, it'll be fine,' 

'What about tonight? I can't go out there looking like a messm' I said, gesturing down at my outfit and my forehead which was covered in blood. 

'I can help you,' he said. 

'No way, you're just being a pervert,' I exclaimed, laughing a little. 

'I promise I won't, and besides I do owe you after what I did,' I sighed as the silence built up in the room. 

'Fine,' I said, passing the moist towel back to Punk so he could clean my forehead. As he cleaned, I stared at his face: pure concentration was written all over it. 

'Punk,' I whispered.

'Yeah?' he stopped cleaning me up to look right into my eyes, hypnotising me. 

'We're enemies, why are you helping me?' Punk sighed and I stared at him. 

'Confide in me,' I placed my hand on his cheek and stared into his eyes.