Chapter 6

It was game time. The coach decided to start me in the centre position so I can break later on in the game if I needed.

I usually play centre or goal keeper as these two positions I play really well in, even the coach puts me in the positions.

First half started off well, we were down a couple of points but got ahead before the half was over.

The ball was in the centre and it was my turn to pass, the umpire blew the whistle and I immediately threw the ball to Eliza a girl on the team who then threw it on to another girl while I was running to a clear position.

As I was running to my next position I could feel my opponent right behind me, I was just about to call for the ball when I tripped over the opponent’s foot that was in front of me on purpose.

I tripped and landed on my hands and knees, I held my breath as I didn't want the tears to come as gravel rash stings and hurts like hell, the umpire blew her whistle and stopped the clock while the coach came onto the court to check me out.

As I was getting up the umpire handed the opponent a red card and sent the girl off for rough conduct, while requesting me to get my knees and hands fixed up before coming back onto the court.

I did what the umpire said and left the court with my head held high while I walked over to first aid.

The lady checked my graze for anything nasty before warning me that the antiseptic will sting, before continuing to clean my hands.

The lady had just finished cleaning and covering my hands when Dan appeared next to me.

"How's the patient going?" He asked.

"Just peachy" I sarcastically responded.

"Does it sting?" He asked.

I nodded my head before taking a gasp as the pain shot up my leg from the antiseptic. The lady simply said sorry before softly continuing on.

Another few minutes passed and I was right to go back to the bench with both my hands and knees covered.

Dan walked next to me while we walked back to the bench chatting about the game and updating me on Macaulay's game.

We got back to the bench and Dan went back to where mum was sitting with Eb to tell them that I was fine and to watch the rest of the game.

The coach decided to put me back on but in goal keeper so I would be defending the goals and touching the ball less, so my hands wouldn't hurt as much.

I played most of the last half but subbed myself off as I was getting tired. I joined the girls on the bench and started my warm downs so I wouldn't be stiff and sore after.

The game finished not long after and we managed to win 45 to 30, I was pretty happy with how the team played against a tough team that I was sure we would make it to finals.