Chapter 4

It took me a full 30 seconds to realize that everyone was now staring at me with their jaws dropped.

Ignoring their stares I got up taking my phone with me and heading towards my room at the end of the house.

As I neared my room I put the phone to my ear again and started to speak.

"Miles are you there?" I asked into the phone.

It was quiet for a moment before I heard voices in the background yelling.

"You know she would pick who it was" a voice yelled.

"But I didn't think she would, we haven't spoken for almost 5 months" Miles said.

At this I decided to try and get his attention again by yelling into the phone.

"MILES" I yelled once before I heard his voice stop.

"Your still there Reagan I thought you were gone when I heard a crashing noise on the other end are you alright?" He asked me.

"Well you gave me quite the shock and what do you want miles, I have a house full of people that I need to get back to" I said getting to the point.

There was a pause before Miles spoke again.

“I just called to say happy birthday and I miss you" he said sincerely.

"Thanks and Miles please don't start that again, if that's all you wanted to say I need to go please" I said to him nicely.

"I guess that's it, I mean I want to say more but you properly won’t want to hear it" he said.

"I'm sorry Miles but I really have to go" I said on the verge of tears before hanging up on him.

I brushed the few tears that escaped, before calming down and walking back to where everyone else was sitting.

"Rea are you alright?" Was the first thing I heard from mum, who was sitting next to dad on the couch.

"Yeah I'm fine now, sorry about that" I said sitting down where I was sitting before.

"You didn't look fine when you were on the phone before, who was that?" Kylie asked from the floor.

"Just a wrong number" I quickly said.

"But why did you drop the phone then walk away not long after?" Kylie asked pushing the point.

I was about to reply when Macaulay interrupted asking if anyone wanted drinks to which everyone did. Macaulay got up and started to head to the kitchen but looking at me and flicking his eyes for me to follow.

We both got in the kitchen and Macaulay stopped at the bench and looked at me.

"So who was really on the phone Rea? Because I'm damn sure it wasn't a wrong number" he asked seriously.

Here it goes.

"It was Miles ok; he knew I wouldn't answer if his name came on the screen so he called from a different number." I replied.

Macaulay already knew about the whole Miles confessing he loves me, since he was walking past the bedroom where grandmother and I were talking about it and he overheard the conversation.

"What did he want?" Macaulay said.

"He wanted to say happy birthday and then he started on the whole he misses me" I casually replied to Macaulay who didn't look impressed.

"That guy has crossed many boundaries with me" Macaulay said.

"Please he wasn't your bodyguard, you had Ashton" I replied.

"I seriously can't believe he loves you, the pair of you use to butt heads constantly and annoy each other so much that Ashton would step in to stop you both" he said.

"I know, trust me I know" was all I said.

----------------------------------------------------------

did anyone guess it was Miles?

What will Reagan do about the whole situation and explaining it to her friends?

I would love to hear your responses!!

Don’t forget to add this story to your reading list, that way it will show me who is reading the story.

all so don’t forget to

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow

Please

Until next time, enjoy reading this chapter