Chapter 13

Not much had happened over the past few weeks, it was the same routine day in day out consisting of school, study, netball, hanging out with friends.

But this one day in particular was not the same.

The day started out normal with me getting ready for school, fighting Macaulay for the bathroom and having the usual toast for breakfast.

I gave mum a kiss on the cheek and said goodbye, before walking to the shed to get in my car.

The drive to school was normal, dealing with idiots on the road, listening and singing to the music on my iPod.

I got to school and parked my car, oblivious to what was around me. First mistake.

I then proceeded to head into school locking my car on the way. I was walking down one of the paths and heard lots of chatting and the school oddly busy for this time of the morning.

I passed by a group of younger girls and heard them talking "apparently there is someone famous who attends this school" one of them said "I wonder who it is, whoever it is sure has the paparazzi attention" another one added.

I stopped in my tracks and started to panic, crap, crap crap I mentally thought before getting my phone out of my dress pocket and dialling Ebony who is usually here at this time.

"Rea where are you" was the first thing Ebony said after she picked up.

"Outside the library, what is going on?" I asked shaken.

"Meet me in the coordinators office I'll explain there" she said before hanging up.

I walked to the coordinators office and saw Ebony standing there with Mr Getty, the Gardiner and maintenance man.

"What is going on?" Was the first thing I said when I walked in.

Mr Getty was the first to speak up "ok so word has gotten out that there is a famous person who attends school here, no one knows it's you yet"

It took me a bit to comprehend before I realised something
"Wait a minute, How do you know?" I asked shocked

It was then that Mr Getty and the other men pulled out an all too familiar badge.

"No no no this is NOT HAPPENING, who hired you, how long, wait what" I asked feeling sick.

"We are undercover security for you in Australia, your grandmother and grandfather had us hired" Mr Getty spoke.

"So are you an actual teacher? Or is this some sick joke?" I demanded. 

" I am a fully qualified teacher, I'll explain everything later but right now we need to make sure that no one knows it's you"

"That won't be too hard, I'm not a complete moron, I do disguise myself from what I usually look like when I'm in England". I blatantly said

Whenever I'm in England I am usually in disguise, sort of what the main character from the princess diaries looked like after her makeover, but not in the same context.

At home I'm just regular Reagan, hardly wear makeup, wear normal clothes, just your average typical 18 year old girl from Australia, where as in England I'm totally different, hair, makeup, clothes, everything is designed for me.

"So what happens now? The bell is about to go" I asked

"What subject do you have first?" Mr Getty asked

"Legal"

"Ok good, you need to carry on like nothing has happened and you don't know who it is, the police have been called to get rid of the paparazzi, Hank and Joel will carry on with their tasks of looking out for you whilst you are in between classes and breaks" mr Getty spoke so that everyone understands.

"Ok then if that's all you want, I'm off to get ready for class then" I spoke getting ready to leave.

"Wait a sec, I'll make sure everything is clear first" mr Getty said leaving the building.

I turned around so that I was facing Hank the middle aged Gardiner and Joel the young maintenance guy
"So you two have been undercover the whole time?" I asked

"Yes we have, I been here the longest all thoughout Macaulay's schooling and I will leave when Ebony has graduated, Joel on the other hand was hired a year ago and is still learning the ropes" Hank said

"I'm still shocked about this, this changes everything"

I pointed to Joel "if you want to be in security for a long time, I suggest you stop staring and checking out the 'pretty' girls around school" I spoke seriously

"How do you know?" He asked

"You are the next best thing going around at the moment" I said

"How? I don't get it?" He said

"Are you a moron? Look at yourself, all the girls think you a good looking" I yelled

Ebony and Hank starting laughing at what I said, knowing how blunt I am with people sometimes.

"I'm sorry I can't help I'm good looking, but I am only doing my job" Joel said defensively.

"Well do you still want your job? Because if I had my way you would be gone by now" I said sternly, making sure he knows where he stands with me.

"I may look all innocent, but I live with this constantly and if you slack off my family and myself are in danger, I suggest you focus solely on your job first before anyone else gets hurt" I said seriously.

Joel was about to reply when mr Getty walked back into the room. "Ok it is safe to go, I will see you in class" he said.

"All I'm going to say is, this never happened I don't want it spoken of again or mentioned again, if I find out that you are slacking off and blowing cover, I will have you all out of here before you even know it" I said to the three men seriously. "I am not putting my life in danger because some undercover protection can't do their jobs properly".

With that said I left the room and carried on with the rest of the morning. In my eyes mr Getty is my legal teacher, Hank is the Gardiner and Joel is the maintenance man,nothing will change, but at least I know I have some protection if worst comes to worse.

*********************
Wow what an interesting chapter. Did anyone guess that this will happen?

Not edited yet!!
Vote
Comment
Share
Please
Thanks