Back Home

- SHAUN -

Troye hadn't stopped texting me every 5 minutes.

-

Dad, did you find him?

-

He might be at the park.

-

Did you check the park?

-

Tell me when you find him.

-

Should I come help?

-

I think I'm going to come help.

-

Dad, where is he? I'm getting worried.

-

DAD, CHECK THE PARK.

-

I quickly text him so his texts don't lead to me being in a car accident:

Troye, I'll check the park. Don't come help, I'll find him. Now shut up and go to sleep. xx

-

I made a short U-turn, so I could check the park that Troye was tell me about.

If I don't find him soon, Troye will implode.

- TYLER -

By this point, I was thrilled that I hadn't spotted anyone in this park. Maybe this park isn't that popular. Anyways, I was happy that no one was here because I looked batshit crazy. I had managed to some how grab the broom and scoot over to the closest tree, cuddling the broom to my body as I leaned my body against the stump of the tree. My red, puffy eyes that were still squeezing out tears weren't exactly repelling the maniac image.

But, I didn't care.

I wanted Troye to come and rescue me. My skin was scratched up, I was shivering, and I smelled like mud. 

I hated this.

"TYLER?" I hear a voice call.

I don't know who it was, but all I knew was that it wasn't Troye, so I ignored it. 

"TYLER? ARE YOU IN HERE?" 

I start to get curious because the voice sounds vaguely familiar. 

A figure emerges from the end of the path and I start getting afraid. That was not Troye. Who the hell was that? I back further into the tree, willing for my numb legs to start working.

"Tyler? It's Shaun" 

My eyes widen, and my sensible mind dominates my broken heart.

"Sh-shaun?" I barely mutter.

I doubt he even heard me, but I hear the leaves rustling in the distance. When he comes into view, he runs over to me and examines my face.

"Are you okay? Does anything hurt?" he asks, his fatherly figure showing. This is weird. I've never had a proper father-son relationship. Troye doesn't know how lucky he is. 

I nod, meekly, eager to get back to the comfort of the house.

"In that case, let's get you home" he says, lifting me off the ground and frowning when he sees that I am limping.

My ankle is pulsating as well as my shoulder, which still didn't have a brace on it.

I was falling apart at the seams. I use Shaun as support, allowing him to lead me to his car, plopping on the seat quietly, we begin the car ride that will take me back to Troye.