Missing Connections

Brandon's POV:

He didn't really recognize me. Oh well. He didn't have to. All I needed was him... and for that worm to get away from him. What was his name? Ted? Fred? -ed something needed to get the fuck away. To make matters worse, he was my Eric's boyfriend? Shit should stay in their place.

Still, it didn't matter right now. I'd waited for Eric for three years now. A few more weeks would be alright. But what did that worm do to him? He'd never been so.... open to anyone. I felt my brows draw close and my lips turn down. This was just a small annoyance and it wouldend soon.

Eric's POV:

He looked demonic. His crazed expression made me... worry about Zed. Admitting it so plainly was strange, but looking at Zed and showing the concern so clearly was the strangest part. He smiled at me reassuringly and brushed my hand quickly while Ms. Hill was turned away. Brandon's expression grew darker. A note landed on my desk and I slowly turned my eyes away from him to the sheet.

-If I didn't know better, I would think you were in love with him. :P - <3 Zed

I rolled my eyes internally.

-Of course not. He just looks really evil at the moment and it makes me worry.

I tossed the note back. He opened it an seemed to have read it twice.

-What are you worried about? <3 Zed

-You.

Our eyes meet and he smiled warmly. I felt my lips tug upward slightly. His face flushed slightly and he looked very happy. I quickly looked away and looked up at the sky. It was sunny and cloudless. A sky filled with winter's coldness. Even looking up at the sky today, I could only thinking about Zed's eyes. They resembled my favorite kind of sky. A stormy one filled with passion and energy. No, he was my sky now.

Zed's POV:

There he was again, looking at the sky. He seemed to care about, but the sky seemed to be the most important thing. Every time he looked out the window, his eyes brightened and his expression relaxed. He looked like he was gone somewhere amazing where I was not included.

I frowned. I wanted him to like me, maybe even love me as much as I loved him. I wanted to be more important than the sky to him. Mentally I willed him to look over at me with the same expression of admiration  clear on his face, but he continued to stare out the window deep in thought.

One day, hopefully, I would be his sky, the thing that fascinated him.