Love Me Too

Chapter 1: The Meeting

Eric's POV:

I looked at my reflection. Gray eyes that looked like lead, black hair that fell across my face. I frowned. There were dark circles under my eyes from not sleeping for the past four days. My complexion was very pale and my lips were light pink. I put in my piercing and sighed. I looked washed out, just the colors of the gray scale shown on me. I walked out the bathroom and went to my closet. Like usual I slipped on a band t-shirt, but covered it with a gray v-neck sweater. I put on black skinny jeans that were loose, and my favorite gray blue vans that matched my eye color. Until the day I felt the need to look colorful, I would just stick with the gray scale.

I walked out my room looking through the kitchen door to see if anyone was inside. My dad was sitting at the table drinking coffee and reading the paper, my mom across from him working on her new book. I walked in, went to the fridge, and grabbed the milk. I was going to eat some nutritional cereal. My mom looked up from her pile of papers that she was probably reading through to see if there were any spelling mistakes and frowned. Probably disapproving my breakfast.

"You should eat something else than cereal everyday." I rolled my eyes and poured fruit loops into my bowl, followed by a ton of milk. I dropped a spoon in and sat it on the table sitting in a chair.

"You eat a bagel everyday." She frowned and looked back to her manuscript. Her pen working to make red marks over all her mistakes that she could see. Her editor would handle the rest.

"You shouldn't talk to your mom like that, she's the only mother you have." I sighed looking at my dad. His piercing blue eyes stared at me. I rolled mine and stuck a spoonful of cereal in my mouth.

"You just jealous that me and her are on friendly terms." His lips tightened into a straight line and his hands went into fist. I stopped myself from continuing before I was punched. He was a physical man, not one for a conversation. I leaned back in my chair and sighed.

*************************************

I walked to my locker slowly, my feet scraping against the tile floor. I sighed as I put in my books, not caring what I needed. I grabbed a notebook and a pen so I could doodle. It was better to not pay attention then trying to pay attention and get confused. I walked off to my first period class, looking straight ahead, ignoring all the stares I got.

Today was my first day of school if I forgot to mention that. I wasn't having a smooth time at my old one. I ran my fingers through my hair, nervous of who I would have to sit by, who I would end up talking to. What would the teacher be like? I walked into the class and walked up to the teacher.

"Where do I sit?" She looked up at me, smiling slightly.

"Ah, the new student. Sit where ever you like. We don't have assigned seats in here." I nodded and walked off to the seat in the very back. I sat down, leaning back and watched a cloud passing by.

"So you're new here, right?" I looked away from the window to see who was talking to me. A guy was smiling at me warmly, but I didn't return it. I didn't smile. I frowned, I pouted, sighed, and scowled, but anything that had to do with my lips pulling upward didn't happen. I looked at him with a straight face. So far I had nothing to be happy with. I had a lazy mom that didn't take care of me beside financially, and a dad that talked with his fist.

"Yeah, I am." He nodded slowly, trying to find a way to lighten the mood. It wasn't heavy to me, but my expression probably said other wise.

"I'm Zed and you are?" I looked at him closely. He was smiling widely, eyes bright, skin pale but glowing. He was the opposite of me, full of color.