What does he want to say?

I wanted to cry. My whole body felt numb. My eyes were burning with tears. But I had to stop them. I couldn't let them see it.
        With all my strength I walked inside. The whole dinner time passed in a blur. My mind was just focused on the time when he introduced me as his "friend".
         Was there really nothing between us? Were we really just friends? Did our time spent together, personal talks, and all mean nothing to him? More questions left unanswered. I wanted to scream out loud and cry my heart out , but I couldn't. I couldn't just-
         My thoughts were suddenly interrupted when his mom asked a question.

Crush's mom: When did you guys say that you first met?
Me and Crush (together): It's been two weeks today.
*We look at each other and smile; I blush a little*
Crush's mom: Just two weeks? It seems like you've known each other for years now.
Crush(in a soft voice): Moooomm!!
*I feel my cheeks go warm and I know that my face had turned red*
Me: Umm.... uh.. yeah... it might be because we're spending too much time with each other.
*I giggle after finishing the sentence*
*He looks at me and smiles*
Crush's mom: Hmm..... I guess so
*awkward silence*
Crush's mom: ..... So..... are you guys sure you're just friends?
*awkward silence again*
Crush: Now that you've asked that question, mom. *he gets up and turns toward me* I've been wanting to ask you this lately. I- I know it's just been two weeks of knowing each other, but I can't help f-feel the sparks between us. And- and I hope you feel the same way.

He waits for me to reply. But I'm speechless.
This act of him was new, his voice had a little tension in it. His eyes were bright, and with every glance it seemed brighter somehow. Is that even possible? Well, he's a beautiful mystery, so it might be possible.... God! I've fallen bad for him. I can't believe it's just been two weeks.
Then the thoughts of what he was going to say occurred to me. Is he going to say it? The three words, eight letters; is he really going to say it?

Crush: I'm saying all this in front of my mom so that you would know that I'm not lying......and please don't get mad at me after this. I just wanna tell you that--

*tring tring*