Chapter 13-Playing Matchmaker

Hi readers! Just wanted to thank you for all the votes/comments, as well as your reads! P.S -In case you didn't know, Ellis=Scott

Sorry for the name change confusion, but how odd is it to have two best friends with close names? Confusing!

Read on, Wattpadians!

_________________________________________________________________________________

"So, Scott. How's the college life treating you?" Dad asked with boisterous laugh, already knowing the answer.

It couldn't have been more awkward enough.

Everything was going along just fine, until Scott magically appeared before dinner.

I say magically with sarcasm because apparently Mom called him over for "reasons unknown". It basically meant she learned about the little mix-up at the mall. Too bad I figured out her schemes long ago.

Three days had passed since the estranged dinner at the Palmer residence, and the most I saw of Jason was mornings in the hallway. Although this time it was different, because I knew for a fact he wasn't avoiding me by the same timid smile he used to send my heart into uncontrollable little dances.

The good thing about today was that it was Friday. Although the bad part about Friday is that it means an upcoming weekend, which also means a junior in college gets to stay anywhere as late as they want. Meaning my house.

Scott was free to stay as long as he pleased because my parents basically loved him like another son. As if one wasn't enough.

It was 10:30 p.m.

"Long nights studying and working insane hours for loans, you know how it is, Mr. H." Scott answered and a look of understanding passed between the two.

Mom smiled broadly at Scott before turning to me. "Spencer, you look so happy to see Scott again!"

With an eye roll I nodded for his expense. "Yeah it's great to see you again. May I be excused?" Without an answer I stood from the table, Scott's bright blue eyes following every movement.

The moment I disappeared in the kitchen I released a breath I didn't know was being kept. Atmospheric levels in the dining room was entirely too thick and too uncomfortable for my liking. However, it soon found it's way into the kitchen.

"Are you mad at me?" Scott's voice came from directly behind me. It wasn't surprising for some reason.

I turned to face him after taking a deep breath. "No, I'm not mad. Just...weirded out I guess."

"Why?"

I blinked numerous times before answering. "Well my older brother's best friend kissed me a while ago, somehow my mom found out, and now she's playing matchmaker. Not strange enough?"

Scott smirked at the small outburst.

"And you find this funny." I threw my hands up, helplessly defeated and turned to the sink.

Scott's eyes were burning into my back as I washed the plate. The next moment his tall frame stood beside me, pulling a towel from the drawer and taking the damp plate from my grasp. I didn't ask how he knew it was there.

I took a step back, watching him go to work. "You don't have to do that." It sounded more of a question than a statement.

Scott looked down at me, his outstanding height monstrous compared to my own five-foot seven inches. Those blue eyes burned so brightly I could have swore it grew a couple degrees warmer.