Prologue

Cyborg-noun
1. a person whose physiological functioning is aided by or dependent upon a mechanical or electronic device.

*****

"We did what we could to save your son, and in return we only have one request-he tries our program." Doctor Satorski stared at the distraught couple, knowing their answer. After all, he just saved their only son.

"Anything, doctor, if it means we get to have our son back." The woman leaned forward and grasped the doctor's hands pleadingly, tears brimming her swollen, green eyes.

He cringed at her touch, and slowly, but kindly, untangled her fingers from his. "Ma'am, don't worry, you'll get him back. There's just a few things I need to go over with you right now."

Rising from the office chair, he walked over to the glass window. The ocean roared down below, white foam churning at the base of the cliff.

"Jason looks completely normal, as if nothing happened. The only difference is his mind, what's inside. He's there, just not all...there. Jason should already know all human interactions and communication, as well as a few emotions, but not many. It's possible that he may sound different at first but he will adjust to you the more you interact." Dr. Satorski turned to face the couple as the father let out a sigh.

"Will-will Jason remember us?" He looked up, the sadness reaching his eyes.

"Like I said, he may take time to adjust, but it will come."

"Now, to the essential information" the doctor returned to his seat, elbows resting on the arm of the chair with fingertips pressed together.

"We put a new program inside Jason as a test run. Don't panic, it won't affect anything with you. This software was developed to find people, almost like a GPS. No harm is done to Jason, so, will you accept this?" The doctor finished with a raised brow, challenging the parents of his newest creation to deny their son.

Heavy silence filled the air, husband and wife staring intently at one another.

"Yes, that's fine. We just want our son back." The man answered, his gaze still locked on his wife.

"And you will have him back" The doctor stood, a smile spreading across his middle aged face. "Follow me, and Jason will be home by tomorrow."

*****

This may seem a little mysterious, but it will start making sense, don't worry. And it is a first person viewpoint from here on out. Please comment and/or vote! Read on, wattpadians!

Sums