Chapter one-Detention

I scrubbed the stall roughly, soap dribbling down the black surface. The locker room's dim lighting was no help for this job. You're probably wondering what I'm doing right now? Well, this is our school's cruel form of detention.

Detention here is the worst thing anyone could ask for. It was no simple 'sit down and shut up' for an hour or so. No, this was the kind of punishment that made us question if there are any child labor laws.

Now you're probably saying, "Well if it's that bad, she must have deserved it!"

Wrong. The complete opposite actually, I'm the victim. Melanie Wells, my ex best friend, stole my phone. You could basically say she is the Regina George of our school*. Doesn't sound so bad does it? Except she read my messages, the ones I sent this morning.

To the guy I liked.

Out loud.

In our lunch period.

Everyone was in our lunch period.

Everyone knew my secret.

So I called her a sly bitch and maybe pulled her extensions a bit. Honestly, I don't think that deserves a detention, but considering the situation I'm in, I guess it's not my choice, is it? I suppose I'm lucky to not get suspended or expelled.

So here I am, scrubbing away like Cinderella in the boys' locker room. I didn't think they allowed girls to be in here, but I cringed when they gave me this nauseating job.

My thoughts drifted when I heard voices in the distance.

"Yo did you see that pass though? Howl could never throw a bullet like that!"

"Get over yourself Ben, he's still ten times faster than your fatass!"

Laughter echoed throughout the locker room, making me freeze.

The football team.

I shrank back further into the disgusting stall, my free hand moving to cover my mouth. If they saw me in here, I would be done for.

"Hey Nicky boy, how're you and that new girl doin? You tap that yet?"

I gagged while chuckles filled the area once again. These boys are so revolting, I never understood how girls could be attracted to them.

"Fellas, please, I know what I'm doin." I recognized Nick Taraz, only because he sat next to me in math. The kid was hopelessly stupid, a constant C in that class.

"Obviously not her!" Someone added, gaining a few cackles while some lockers were being slapped.

"Hey man where's Chase at?" I heard Jared Weisz call. He also sat next to me in math, but that kid is a genius.

"With the coach. Ay J, wait for me will ya? I need a ride but I gotta hop in the showers quick."

Cleats tapped the floor, growing louder as they passed the restroom area. Panicking, I stood on the grimy toilet so my feet could not be seen.

The sound of the shower being turned on made me breathe a sigh of relief. Only a few more minutes.

"Well what do we have here?"

My heart stopped.

My blood ran cold.

My hands started shaking.

Tommy Butler stood blocking the stall, sweat slicking his hair up with small spikes.

"Hey boys, we gotta nice present in here!" He called, flashing a smile at me.