Pillow Talk

Tony stood in the doorway, silently watching her as she slept.

He still hadn't worked up the nerve to ask her all his questions. Honestly, he felt like he'd already done more than enough to make her upset with him, without further provoking her.

Maybe he should just wait for her to bring it up.

Although, knowing Ziva, she'd take her thoughts to the grave.

Before he could do anything about it, he sneezed. Loudly.

Really loudly.

He silently cursed himself as Ziva's eyes shot open and fixated on him.

"Sorry," he muttered.

"Were you watching me?" she asked.

It was a trick question where Ziva was concerned. He wasn't sure what answer she wanted.

"Come here." She rolled onto her back and patted the bed next to her.

He slowly entered the room, dragging his feet a little as he approached the bed. He thought he had a pretty good reason to be wary of sharing a bed with her, even though it should've been the other way around.

"I'm not going to bite you," she said, waving for him to hurry up.

He laid down next to her, staring up at the ceiling.

"Seriously, Tony, I'm not going to hurt you."

He cast a quick glance her way. "I didn't say I thought you would."

"No, but your face says it. I'm not going to hurt you for looking at me. What's done is done."

Oh boy. Were they about to have the conversation?

He didn't know what to say.

"I'm not mad at you," she murmured, turning to face him. "We're both adults. We knew what we were doing."

"I still feel guilty."

"Don't. You don't need to feel guilty."

"Are you sure?" He finally met her gaze.

"Yes. Very."

Did he dare continue the conversation? "How..." Apparently, yes. "How long have you known?"

She shrugged, no small feat the way she was laying. "Maybe a week. I... A day or two before this Dragon mess started."

"Why didn't you say anything?" he asked softly.

Again she shrugged. "I don't know..."

"Did you think I couldn't handle it? That I'd turn the other cheek? That I'd want nothing to do with you?"

"I don't know, I don't know, I don't know." She blinked, and small tears squeezed out of her eyes.

"Please don't cry... Ziva, please..." He didn't know how they managed it, but he somehow pulled her closer. "I'd never leave. I promise."

"I didn't... I don't want you to feel obligated to do anything. You don't have to do anything."

"No. Whatever you need. Anything. I'll be there. I'll help. You name it, I'll do it."

She opened her mouth to argue with him, only to be interrupted by a knock on a distant door.

They both shot up, exchanging a bewildered glance before scrambling off the bed and down the hallway.

Tony drew his gun and noticed that Ziva did too. He wanted to ask her to let him take the lead, but he knew her ego wouldn't take it well.

So he kept his mouth shut, and just made sure to stay at her side as they went to the front door.

At least she let him be the one to throw open the door.

***

McGee's heart nearly stopped when he was greeted by a gun in his face.

"Oh my God, McGee," Ziva gasped, pushing Tony's gun down.

"Warm welcome," he finally managed.

Tony grimaced. "Sorry about that. But that's what you get for showing up uninvited."

"Says the guy who used my password to get the place."

"What can I say? I'm starting to enjoy the rush of the criminal life."

Ziva rolled her eyes at Tony before reaching out and grabbing McGee's arm. "Get in here."

Even though it was just your typical safe house, McGee couldn't help but glance around as he walked in. Somehow he had it in his head that he was entering Tony and Ziva's house. Their place.

Which was completely stupid.

"Does anyone know you're here?" Tony asked.

Given their obvious paranoia, he was surprised they were so easy to find. "No."

"Not even Gibbs?"

"Not even Gibbs," he confirmed.

"So... What are you doing here? Other than chewing me out about your password?"

That was actually a really good question. What was he doing there?

"We haven't seen or heard from you in days. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Well, thanks, but we're fine."

Ziva stepped forward and gave him a small hug to balance out Tony's brusque behavior. "Thank you," she murmured. "This was very sweet of you."

"I want to help."

"Help with what?" Tony asked.

Okay, seriously, he wasn't stupid. "I know that you've got something on the Dragon."

Tony and Ziva exchanged a look, and McGee knew he was right.

"We have his name and picture," Ziva said finally.

"How'd you manage that?"

"We did some snooping around, McGee. Our job."

"You know, I could've ratted you out to the agency, and to Gibbs, so cut the crap, Tony. I only came here to help."

"And we appreciate it." Ziva pulled a scrap of paper out of Tony's back pocket (something McGee half-wished he hadn't seen, half-couldn't believe what he saw) and offered it to him.

The Dragon's name.

*****

Longer update today, so y'all are welcome...

Please, please, please vote and comment if you're enjoying this story. You've all been very quiet, and that kinda worries me...

Anyway... Enjoy the rest of your day!