Chapter 36

“Are you sure you’re ready James?” asked Eric, the old man that found James in his garage.

“I can do this.” Said James confidently. He pulled on his bulging backpack, filled with food, water, a GPS, a compass, a map, a pair of goggles, and even a parachute. The plan was relatively simple. He would fly in steps, state to state, eventually ending up in Florida, one of the closest states to England. He would find a plane or a boat that was going to London, and would follow it. He would prefer a boat, because even after almost seven months of practise, he wasn’t perfect at flying. Once, he was about a hundred feet in the air, when he just dropped, until he was barely meters from the ground. He began flying again just before his death. He wanted to just hide on the boat, so he didn’t have to fly.

“Good luck.” James focused, and felt his feet lift off the ground. He hovered a few feet above the ground for about three seconds, and then got higher and higher. He looked at his compass, positioned himself correctly, and flew towards Utah. Then Colorado, then Oklahoma, then Arkansas, then Mississippi, then Alabama, and then finally, Florida. He wanted to find Captain Justice. He wanted to help him fight crime.