Chapter 3

11 Years Later

Will was now 19. He no longer planned on going after the burglar. The very idea of it was just ridiculous. He didn’t train as often. A few times a month. He no longer wanted justice for what happened to him. He just wanted to move on. The idea of being a vigilante hadn’t occurred to him for months. Until now.

Will was waiting for a bus to get him back to his house. It was only him, and a couple at the bus-stop. Will was trying not to listen to their conversation, but the night was silent and it was the only thing he could hear.

“You will not do that to me again.  Me and the boys have already taken care of… him.” Said the man.

“You…” The girl begins. “Killed him?” She says, in a quiet voice. Will immediately looked up. Now he was interested.

“No. But he sure was begging for it.” Said the man.

“You… Monster… Stay away from me!” She screams. Will looked at the couple. Suddenly, the girl swung an arm and slapped the man. The man stood there for a few seconds. Then threw a fist. The girl screamed out as she was punched, and she fell to the floor. Will stood up.

“Hey! What the hell!” He shouted. The man looked up at Will.

“This is none of your business.” He said, still holding his fist up.

“It is now that you just hit this girl!” Will shouted. The man approached Will, and stared at him.

“Trust me kid. Stay out of it.” He said. The man began to walk away. But Will didn’t want to just leave this man. Will grabbed the man’s shoulder.

“No. I won’t!” He shouted. He threw a punch. The man shouted out, holding his nose. As the man bent down, Will grabbed the man’s head, and launched his knee into the man’s face. The man fell to the floor, and didn’t move. After several moments of silence, the girl finally spoke.

“Thank you…” she whispered. Will looked down at her. He just saved her. Saved her from pain and tears.

“You’re a hero.” She said. Will was instantly reminded of his youth, when he planned on becoming a vigilante. Being a hero. Bringing justice to those who were unjust.