Chapter 24

James’ eyes opened. He could hear voices; all of them were thick American accents.

“He’s waking up! Doctor?”

“Put him back under! Quickly! We can’t let him activate it!”

“Injecting patient…” James felt a needle press against the skin on his fore-arm. He looked around, and realized that he was wearing an oxygen mask. He tried to pull it off, but his arms were strapped down. What sort of hospital ties its patients down? Several moments passed.

“Doctor…?” said a voice, worryingly. James looked over at where the voice was coming from, and saw a female doctor. She held the needle up. The needle was bent. Bent in a 90 degrees angle, as if someone had tried to push it into a brick wall.

“It’s activated! Everyone out now!” shouted a male voice. An alarm sounded. The lights in the room flashed red. What was going on? What activated? James pulled on the restrains, and to his surprise, they opened easily. But when he looked back at them, they were ripped open. Solid metal restraints, ripped open with barely any force. He got up, and pulled the mask off of his face. He was wearing a blue hospital gown, obviously not what he was wearing when he was walking through the woods. Several soldiers ran into the room, carrying machine guns, and were aiming them at him.

“Get on the ground now! We will fire!” More American accents. James thrust his hands up quickly, to show that he didn’t mean any harm. Then, an invisible force hit the soldiers. They flew backwards, slamming into the wall and leaving cracks in the concrete wall. James was shocked. It was if a huge gust of wind just picked the men up and threw them across the room. James looked at their still-bodies. He saw a puddle of blood build up. He killed them! James ran for the door. It was huge, and was clearly bolted tight. For some reason, he tried the handle, and to his surprise, it opened easily. The bolts that locked the door were broken, and the huge hinges were almost broken. He saw several doctors in white uniforms looking at him.

“What’s happening? Where am I?” he blurted out. The doctors ran out of the room. He followed them.

“Hey! Wait a second!” he shouted. He saw one of them speak into a radio.

“Requesting backup! Subject has escaped!” James followed them, and found himself in a long corridor. There was a futuristic looking door in front of him. James thought about what was happening. The needle broke against his skin, he pushed the soldiers back with his mind, the huge door opened easily… Then he understood. He wasn’t normal anymore. At least, he thought so. He thought he would test it. He held his arm out, facing the door. The door was blasted outwards, and sunlight flooded the corridor. He had blasted a hold through the door, with his mind. A voice inside his head spoke to him. Telekinesis. Telekinesis! James doubted it. He ran and jumped through the hole, and found himself in the middle of what looked like a military base. He looked around. Several helicopters whizzed by. Military helicopters. With guns and missiles on the sides. They hovered for a moment, and several soldiers rappelled down from them. There was about thirty soldiers in front of him, aiming their guns and shouting.

“Get down on the ground!”

“Get down!” James didn’t want to.

“Tell me what is happening to me!” he screamed.

“Open fire!” The air was split with the sound of gunfire. James shut his eyes, and waited for his death.