Chapter 5

The gang member that reached him first was quickly met with a huge uppercut. The next two were taken out at the same time: He grabbed both their necks, and shoved their heads against each other. The next gang member was holding a metal pole, and swung at him. Will ducked, but the gang member swung again, and the pole hit him in the back of the head. He immediately fell to the floor, holding the throbbing area. The pain was immense. His vision started to blur. He felt several punches and kicks launch at him. But then, the hits ceased. He opened his watering eyes, and saw a miracle sight. The two police officers and the group of boys were fighting the gang. Ordinary citizens. Fighting crime. The police were swinging batons. The boys were throwing punches and kicks. The gang started to fall apart. They were outnumbered.  Will got up painfully, and joined the fight. After several minutes of fist fighting, the entire gang were in handcuffs, and the crime had been stopped.  Will looked at the police and the boys.

“What happened here, is a case of citizens uniting against crime. Spread the word. You tell them what happened here. You tell them, what we did.” Will said. One of the police officers spoke up.

“Who are you?” he asked. Will tried to think of a name. Justice. Justice was what he served. Something Justice. Then the first superhero he could think of popped into his head. Captain America. That was it. His name. His superhero name.

 “Captain Justice.”