Revival of a Princess

It's been a year and six months since she's died. Everyone has taken it rough. Especially Goten.

Goten had kissed her just before she died. Goku is still training that kid... when Gohan had recently spoken to King Kai, he had told us that Kuraki had never showed up there. So, we thought she'd be in Hell. But that didn't make any sense. Her body split in two when she died- a golden version of herself, and a silver version. We know for a fact that the gold was Kuraki, and the silver was Kogogeta.

But... why would they both be in the same place? Kuraki hasn't ever done anything wrong... it was all Kogogeta. Which still doesn't explain anything. But, were going to find out all of this..

Today.

I slowly drummed my fingers against my best friend's door. "Goten. You have to come out. We're about to summon Shenron." There wasn't a reply. The poor guy... he's been majorly depressed since she died. He hasn't smiled, he's kept himself locked away in his room. Pan and Bulla... they honestly are terrified of Kuraki. She did kidnap them... when Goten found out, he blew a fuse. Saying things like, 'How could you say that?! That wasn't her!' And, 'You don't appreciate what she did for this planet!' In all honesty, I don't think she did anything but break him.

I cleared my throat. "Goten. I'm going to drag you out unless you open the door." I ran a hand through my hair. It had gotten a little longer since then. There was clattering, and the door finally opened in what seemed an eternity.

Goten looked... horrible. He was extremely pale, his hair was matted and untamed.... I think he looked worse than a girl suffering from a breakup.

"Do we have to do this today...?" He asked. His voice was heavy in sadness, and I'm tired of hearing it.

"What happened to you? You were so egar to search for the dragon balls. And as soon as we did, you become this ball of depression." I cross my arms tightly. Goten glued his charcoal eyes to the floor.

"It's my fault, isn't it?" He asked.

"What?"

"Isn't it my fault she's gone?"

"Of course not. She saved herself, and you. If she hadn't had done something, we'd be reviving you, not her."

"I... I can't face her."

"What are you talking about? You can. You didn't kill her. I know she's going to want to see you." I rub his arm gently. "Come on. Clean yourself up. She's going to want to hug you." He nodded, stepping away from me.

"...You're right. I'll meet you over there soon, okay?" He looked up at me with true happiness in his eyes. I smiled, knowing the real him had come back.

"Alright. I'll see you then."

*****

This is so nerve wracking.

Everyone was here now. We had made our first wish- reviving everyone who was killed by Kogogeta. Tien was back, which was a good thing. And now, reviving... her...

"Shenron! Our second wish!" Bulma clasped her hands together. "Please, bring back Kuraki!" There was just silence...

"Your wish cannot be granted." He replied. My heart sank.