Entry #8: Blizzard Blue

Once again I stand in the forest I am familiar with, though something is off. The birds in the trees seem agitated, chirping with anxiety. No woodland animals can be seen, perhaps hiding in their dens. Why are they so tense? Is something about to happen? The sky is clear and the sun is shining, so it can't be an approaching storm that's causing their distress. 

I stand still, listening for the sound of any predators or hunters. The forest is silent though, save the sparrows chirping from atop tree branches. I stare into one of the animal's dens. Two small, brown rabbits are huddled within, trembling. They are frightened, no doubt about it. What's going on? 

Just as I turn around, someone darts from the bushes beside me at a full sprint. I have just enough time to recognize Kaiya before she disappears behind the trees. The birds chirp even louder and fly from their perches. Is Kaiya the one the animals fear?

I sprint after her, following the footprints left in the dirt. She is a demon, with unnatural speed, so it is difficult keeping up. Behind me, I hear the roar of multiple footfalls and the clanking of armor. When I turn my head, I see a large group of hunters, the same hunters I saw in a past vision. So Kaiya was the woman they were chasing after; I knew it! The old man they mentioned earlier must have been the farmer Kaiya stole fruit from.

They have furious, bloodthirsty gleams in their eyes, demanding that her blood be spilled. "Don't let her out of your sight, men! Surround her and take her out!" their leader shouts.

I hear laughter from within the trees, confident and mocking. The hunters halt in their tracks, some crashing in to others. I stifle a giggle; these men look so foolish! When they collect themselves, they turn their heads left and right, searching for the source of the laughter.

"Where did she go?!" one of the men says, tightly grasping his bow.

Rustling can be heard within the tree branches; she is on the move. Her laughter never ceases, sending shivers down my spine. She has something planned for these men, I'm sure of it. There's no way she would let them catch her.

I jump back when Kaiya pops out of a tree, dangling from an overhanging branch like a possum. Her legs are wrapped around the branch, the rest of her body hovering inches from the lead hunter's face. A mischievous grin crosses her face, showing her sharp fangs. "Looking for someone?" she says before giggling.

Stunned, the hunters' reactions are delayed. When they compose themselves, they aim their bows straight at her heart. Kaiya continues to laugh, amused by their desire to kill. With one hand and caresses the lead hunter's face.

"Now, now, you handsome men wouldn't hurt a lady would you?" she murmurs sweetly, amber eyes staring straight into the man's.

The hunter slaps her hand away, pulling a dagger out of his belt. "You're no lady, wench. Men, fire!" he shouts, thrusting his blade towards Kaiya.

The demon hurls herself upward, disappearing into the trees before the arrows and blade can strike her. I can see her eyes peering out from the between the leaves, glaring at the men. "Fine, have it your way then. How would you like to be my prey?" she growls, baring her teeth.

She leaps from tree to tree with ease, and jumps from the branches, landing behind one of the men. With a feral snarl she rips her claws across his throat. He has no time to register the pain before falling to the ground, dead. A thin line of blood trails down his neck and pools on the ground. Kaiya's evil eyes stare at the men mockingly as she licks the blood from her fingers.

"Hey, you guys taste pretty good! Who's next?" she says in a cheerful manner, though I find it rather disturbing. But hey, she's a demon that responds violently to humans; why should I expect anything less?