The Security Footage

Aural Scan, Vinyl Grooves, Shortwaves

The rapid barrage of beeping and AI complaints shouted from both speakers as dials and buttons are pressed at lightspeed in an attempt to get the cameras back online. The security room was cramped, over half of it taken up by the massive, ancient computer. The room was lit only by the monitors, casting an odd tint on the dusty grey walls. Paint chipping, hard-drives whirring away, the screens flickering and faltering, the place was a wreck.

But when life gives out lemons...

Voices can just be heard through the static. But none of it was clear enough to make out. Frequencies shifted, setting adjusted, but it just wasn't working. It better not crash... god help it if it crashes, there won't be much to do if it decides to die today. Nothing can shut the AI up as it shouts the same damn warnings about problems that have already been fixed. It took hours, though, to get this piece of junk running, so no giving up now.

Finally, finally, the picture is blurry, and the sound quality lacking, but it is clear enough to see what the hell is going on. It's not flawless footage, but it's evidence enough. Every wound up nerve eases for a moment. And then another hurdle:

How in blazes is this video going to get off of this thing?

Looks like this place'll be in use for a few more hours.

Good thing there's no hurry...