The Music Tree

Primeval Forest, Mournful Chimes, Frog Pond

In the middle of a forest, hanging over a small stream, is a very strange tree. Colorful bottles, painted bits of ceramic, and aging metal hang from the branches like strange fruit. The wind clinks them against each other, slipping through the cracks and holes and creating a sort of musical chaos, like a child playing with an instrument for the first time.

Birds flit through the branches, chattering along to the sound. Fallen chimes and broken strings decorate their nests, and they're always searching for more. Some skim the water, looking for food that's strayed a bit too close to the surface. Frogs can be heard faintly, until it gets dark, and they join in along with the crickets. They hide among the mud and floating leaves, when they aren't jumping into the water.

Scarred into the trunk, but faded by growth and weather, are words. Names, maybe, in some places, small phrases in others, hardly enough to make out. What little their is looks like they could all be from the same handwriting. It certainly is something to find. It's not near any trail, there's no houses for miles. It's just there, hidden away, in the middle of the woods.