The Elevated Rail Systems

Traffic Noise, Railroad Noise, Code Breaker

The room is a metal half-constructed box hurtling on a set of steel rails at a ludicrous speed and dizzying height, lit only by the orange tones of the setting sun. Machines and monitors being transported beep and hum over the wind hissing around the 'protection' of the well-worn walls of the contraption. There is some disconcerting rattling below the floor, and the whole thing shakes and jolts like a nervous dog. The machinery is strapped firmly down, so the only thing being bounced around would be something or someone stowing away on it. Of course, anything with a decent sense of self-preservation would be clinging onto anything for dear life if it could. A tumble off would be impossible to survive.

And it's worse when there the rails cross, and one comes barreling past and it nearly feels like the glorified boxcar is going to tip right over into a freefall. It goes on by, barely in reach for a second, off for miles upon miles in another direction. 

They are transporting cargo to different companies, factories, and labs around the planet's landscape, sprawling across empty no-man's-land between the domed cities. The air is thin to nonexistent and often unbreathable. Naturally, nothing living would ever put themselves through such an endeavor if they wanted to stay living, so security monitoring these are particularly lax. In theory, it's the way to sneak into a city where one is least likely to get caught, in practice, it's the way to sneak into a city where one is most likely to get killed.