The Sleep State

Perception Cloud, Grey Noise, In Utero

There isn't much to see here, at least not at this setting. The virtual simulator is set to serve as a sleeping agent at the moment. The gravity is set to zero, and there's a feeling of floating underwater, coupled with small burbling sounds in the ears. It's warm, though, and the air, though strangely heavy, is perfectly breathable. The 'water' ripples along the arms, and plays with the hair, and there's a slow, calm spinning movement that is at the moment beyond control. Not that control can even be considered in this state, by now anyone would be in a dazed stupor if not completely unconscious.

There is an eclectic collection of unobtrusive computerized tones designed specifically to distract the brain, and the more it tries to fight it, the bigger the headache. It's quite a transcendental effect, swoops, jingling, and beeping fading in and out. It takes some strain, but if it's possible to listen past it you can hear the soft hissing hum of the generators running the program. This is also further obscured by the bubbling right up against the skull, so it's almost inaudible.

The simulation must be set on a timer, or else it would just continue ad-infinitum, until an outside force stepped in to shut it off. And everyone hates oversleeping, don't they? Luckily, this is only set to last a few hours. Most people don't even notice the time that's gone past.