Chapter Sixteen:

Dokuaku's sneer stretched so wide that it looked as though his face might split in half, and he spread his arms out, as if welcoming the charging Nakami. "Come at me, dear boy, but don't say I didn't warn you."

Nakami didn't stop, going straight for the Sinner's chest at full speed, the razor sharp tips of the prongs of his trident gleaming, as if hungry to pierce Dokuaku's flesh. He was thirty feet away from the Sinner.

Twenty feet.

Fifteen.

Ten.

Suddenly, he was intercepted by a silver katana blade, sending orange sparks flying as the two weapons collided. His eyes widened as he saw who the sword's wielder was.

"Captain!" He breathed, then narrowed his eyes, his voice shaking dangerously. "Please get out of the way, Captain."

Toshiro remained firm, not budging an inch. "No, you calm down, Nakami."

"Please move, Captain!" Rage coursed through his body with the adrenaline, and he felt as though live flames blazed inside of him.

"I said, calm down!" Toshiro shouted, and pressed against his zanpakuto with all his weight, forcing Nakami onto the defensive to keep the deadly sharp katana blade away from his throat. "Stand down, Nakami, before you get yourself killed! This is a direct order from your captain!"

Nakami froze, gritting his teeth, his grip around the shaft of the trident tightening. Attacking Dokuaku would mean disobeying a direct order from his captain. On the other hand, there was no way in goddamned hell that he would ever let this bastard Dokuaku get away with what he had done to Rei Asaka.

"Put your zanpakuto away, Nakami," said Toshiro warningly.

Every muscle in Nakami's body wanted to tear Dokuaku into tiny bloody shreds, but he managed to overpower his desires, reluctantly reverting back to his sealed zanpakuto form and sheathing the blade. That little action alone took more willpower than anything before in his life, and he took a deep breath to regain control over himself.

Behind Toshiro, Dokuaku let out a sigh of disappointment. "Aw, what a let down. It looks like we won't be fighting today, Squad Ten lieutenant." Nakami snarled, resulting in Toshiro giving him a warning glare, and he quickly quieted down.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the extremely long wait! Things around here were just really crazy, especially with all the school projects and exams, and not to mention I had several issues with my computer.

Don't worry, this is NOT the end of the chapter. More updates coming soon!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toshiro turned to face the Head Captain. "What should we do with this Sinner?"

Yamamoto's eyes were stone cold as he studied the Sinner. Finally, after several moments of silence, he spoke. "Stand down, Captain Hitsugaya, Lieutenant Nakami."

"But Head Captain!" Nakami protested. "This man is clearly an enemy of the Soul Society! You saw what he did to Miss Asaka!"

"Hey, Nakami!" Toshiro hissed.

"SILENCE!!!" Yamamoto boomed, and both Nakami and Toshiro froze. "I am well aware, Lieutenant Nakami, of what this Sinner has done. However, it would not be wise to fight here."

Dokuaku laughed. "Yes, Lieutenant. Listen to the old geezer. Do you really want to fight me here, and risk causing irreparable damage to the Seireitei and Soul Society? Because I'll tell you one thing: whatever you faced against Sosuke Aizen and the Espada, that's nothing compared to what I could unleash upon the Soul Society. Right here, right now."

Nakami's eyes flew wide in horror. "Worse----than Aizen?"

"You heard me. Well then, until next time, Soul Reapers," said Dokuaku, sweeping an imaginary hat off his head and bowing. "I bid you adieu."

"You stop right there!" Nakami roared, lunging for Dokuaku. However, the Sinner merely wagged a finger and tutting, as if scolding a small child, before swiping a hand through the air and opening a dark hole in space, then disappeared into the blackness. The hole sealed itself with Nakami's hand inches away, and his fingers closed around nothing but empty air. "Dammit!" He cursed.