Twenty Four

•Third Person•

The girl seemed to drop her phone before she dashed out, the confused male took it and decided to run after Yoru.

Well, it was tiring. But Jihoon managed to catch up with her in the hospital.

"Jung Hoseok." The girl eagerly asked at the receptionist

"Emergency Room 71." The receptionist answered as Yoru sprinted to the said room

Jihoon followed, tired and confused. He didn't know why, it's not like he wanted to but that's exactly what he's trying to say.

Wait what?

As soon as the girl stopped in an occupied room, rushing surgeons and doctors as well as nurses...

Yoru suddenly dropped to her knees, her emotions that were piling up are slowly starting to pour out.

Jihoon then took action and went to the girl's side, not knowing what to do. He was lacking experience, and he was trying not to sound so mean.

'Never be kind to anyone.'

"Jihoon, is it my fault?"

Yoru's pitiful and cracked voice woke Jihoon from his thoughts, he panicked and tried to say something to make her stop crying...

"You look ugly when your crying." He suddenly blurted out

It wasn't what the girl expected, but it managed to make her smile and giggle...

Yet the tears never stopped flowing out of her red and puffy eyes.

"I know..." she sobbed

"I-I didn't mean to..." Jihoon tried not to make everything worse

"I understand..." Yoru smiled bitterly as she stood up.

"Excuse me doctor, is my brother okay?" Yoru asked a passing doctor

"Are you his sister?" The doctor asked, Yoru nodded

"Well, I'm not very sure. The car hit him just when he passed the street while riding his bike. Hoseok broke both his arms, four rib cages, the car window shield's broken shards punctured on the right side of his face, and his left temple was oozing blood because of the impact on his head to the floor."

Yoru's hand flied to her mouth in utter shock, the tears were more harsh as they flowed like never ending droplets of rain.

"Will... he be okay?" Yoru could only hope

"We'll try your best Ms. Jung." The doctor said as he went inside the room

Yoru turned her head to his lying brother, face bruised, his mouth was covered by an oxygen mask. His body covered in white cloth as the doctors did their work.

"Hobi..." she muttered out as she sat in the waiting area.

Jihoon didn't know what to do, so he sat beside her. He heard her muffled cries, he saw her hands forming into fists as she tried to stop the tears, he felt his heart clench seeing Yoru like this...

He didn't know why, but he found his arms encircling the girl.

"It's not like he's dead..." Jihoon awkwardly said as his hands soothed her back.

"He'll fight..." Jihoon finished

The girl sobbed on his chest, as her whimpers became more frequent.

"D-Do you honestly not remember... W-Wonwoo?" Yoru asked, her voice muffled in his chest, creating a vibration which Jihoon found nice to feel.

"Is he your cousin or something? Relative?" Jihoon asked

With that answer Yoru cried even more.

"What? What did I do?" Jihoon asked

"Jihoon can I make my wish?"

The boy looked at her sad and pleading eyes, he felt his chest tighten as he answered.

"Of course." He tucked a strand of hair from her face.

"Please let Hoseok and Wonwoo be okay..."

Before Jihoon could answer Yoru the magic words, the words that would make everything okay. The doctors yelled, the atmosphere was growing intense..

"We're losing him!"

Yoru's eyes shot awake, she thought of every bad scenes that would happen. The girl and the genie abruptly stood up, looking out the glass while they worked on Yoru's brother.

The monitor was going wild, his heartbeat was unstable. The nurses were pulling out an AED, rubbing it together.

"CLEAR!"

They put it on my brother's chest, trying to gain his consciousness back. He can't give up this easily, he can't just leave me like this.

"CLEAR!"

But everything was useless when familiar green line was drawn across the screen...

"No..."

"I'm sorry ma'am..."

[EDITED]

♢°•.•°•.•°⭐°•.•°•.•°♢

OMO GAISSSS THANK U FOR 1k!!!! 😭😭😭😭😭 I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCHHHH