Thirteen

Yoru •

"Dear no one..."

"Yah, I'll be back this afternoon after classes. Maybe a bit later because I'll be with my friends." Hoseok barged into my room, hair wet and his bag slung lazily on his shoulder.

"I have work today, I'll just get a hold of the key?" I asked, not sparing him a look and just played my guitar

"Yeah, see ya later." He waved and rushed out the house

Soon, the boys went out of the amulet and sat on the floor. Th genies guys were just sitting there, staring at me for a few seconds until one of them spoke up.

"You work?" Seungcheol asked, a confused tone with a hint of shock was in his voice

"Well, we have to survive by ourselves somehow." The tune I strummed seemed a bit off so I adjusted it

"Uhm, Yoru can we ask something?" Vernon crawled beside me on the floor

"Sure." I put the guitar aside and smiled

"Why do you work at such a young age? And not to be rude but, where's your parents?" Seokmin scooted nearer, anticipating for my answer

I sighed as I leaned my back on by bed, "Don't judge me please?"

"Why would we ever?" Joshua smiled

And in just a blink, Seungcheol and Jeonghan were seated beside each other, Seokmin and Joshua sprawled over my bed, China line lying on their tummies in next to Jeongcheol, Woozi on my left, Mingyu beside him with Wonwoo and Hoshi on my right, his head leaning on my shoulder in a friendly way, Chan on his right.

"Yey~ Story time~" Soonyoung said as I smiled at his dolphin laugh

'Kiyowo...'

"I was ten at that time, Hobi was eleven. We only had four months in our age gap, but I call him 'oppa'."

"Why not now?" Seungkwan butted in but the others shushed him quickly

"Because I was young and immature, I didn't notice my mother's bruises and scars..." I sighed

"I didn't know where my dad worked, he is really kind and spoils me on things. It was a family I'd always want, but it turned out that he was selling drugs. He was using it himself and turned crazy, he hurt mom for his own sadistic reasons..."

The guys looked intently at me, making me shift on my position. I looked away and tried to proceed with my story.

"One night, mom made Hoseok and I stay in our room locked up. Saying we shouldn't come out unless she comes and gets us."

"I was mean when I was young, self-centered, selfish, materialistic and immature..." I laughed when I remembered my old self.

"That's why no one wanted to be friends with me, even Hoseok hates me in our childhood days..." I laughed

"And not to mention that I don't listen to my parents..."

I felt Hoshi snuggle his head closer to my neck, his purple hair tickled me. I giggled and ruffled his hair, making his face scrunch.

In my peripheral vision, I caught Wonwoo staring.

Nevertheless, I continued, "So I went out of the room, trying to act like a brave person despite my brother's calls..."

I breathed in a sigh, this was hard to tell. 

"You don't have to finish it if you don't want to..." Mingyu said softly, scared to tick off any bombs.

I shook my head as I continued, they're my close friends now, it's only fair if they know my secret after I knew theirs.

"I found my way to mother's room, and there I saw her hair tangled in my father's fingers. Blood everywhere, and everything broken..."

"Out of my childishness, I ran to him and slapped the knife out of his hands yelling at him. I didn't know how scary he looked, and his face became my worst nightmare..."

I reminisced his face unconsciously, I quickly shook my head harshly causing Soonyoung to abruptly remove his head from my shoulder.

"Sorry..." I muttered, he smiled and put his head back onto my shoulder to listen.

"She told me to run, run with my older brother..."

"I kept crying, not able to do anything. She said it so calm like sees there's nothing wrong, so I followed her..."

"I could've saved her if I wasn't so selfish..." I looked down.

"Mom would be here if I fragged her w-with us..." my voice cracked

The past was too painful for me to handle if it happens all over again, I can't bear leaving someone I love. I hated the fact that I left my own mother to die in the hands of my evil father. and just like that, the family which I thought was perfect crumpled down before me.  

"She could've... sh-she co-could—"

I was engulfed by a hug, looking up seeing Hoshi making me turn to him.

"Let it all out..." he whispered as I broke down.

Soon, I felt surrounded by arms.

Third Person

Everyone stared at Yoru and Soonyoung in each other's arms.

A pang of jealousy hit everyones hearts, one thought was stuck in their minds.

'Why can't I be the one for her?'

So, they all went near the broken girl. They formed a big circle and joined the hug, squishing them both but not too hard. Just enough to comfort the crying girl.

It was hard seeing a girl full of smiles break down like this, it was almost impossible.

"We're here..." Jun whispered

While Yoru was crying in their arms, she absentmindedly smiled at herself. She felt loved by so many people now, she didn't think she deserved all of this.

There was someone for her, and she was happy about that.

'Thanks mom...'

[EDITED]