Eight

"So, which way?" Minghao asked Seungkwan

"Why are you asking me?" The diva asked

"Uhhh, because you were the one who went with her to school?" Mingyu asked

Seungkwan's palms were starting to sweat, he zipped his mouth and looked the other way where he can't make eye contact with his fellow genies.

"Uhm, what would we do if I don't remember?" Seungkwan awkwardly said, scratching his head

"You don't remember?!" Seungcheol exclaimed

"We are so fucked up..." Jihoon slapped his forehead

♢°•.•°•.•°⭐°•.•°•.•°♢

Yoru walked back to her classroom, seeing the girls surrounding Mae.

"Yeah, he's so handsom and cute..." Mae sighed dreamily

'Don't tell me they're talking about Seungkwan...'

"And I heard from someone that his little brother is transferring..."

Yoru breathed in a sigh, 'Am I really that mean? Am I super mean that everyone can forget me in just a flash...'

The girl went back to her seat, farther from the crowd. She shook her head head, fighting the bad thought.

'No, don't think about that Yoru...'

She took out her notebook from her school bag, and turned its pages.

"Been awhile since I've done this..." she caressed one page that held a title, 'Campfire'

She took out her black pen and started writing words down her notebook.

After that, she looked out the window for inspiration, when she saw birds lining on the tree branch.

She counted them, and she smiled while her eyes held a confused expression.

"Huh, there's thirteen of them..."

And not to mention that they were in different sizes, kinds and color. She found it weird because she thought birds in different species fight, but these group of birds were in peace and was not about to slash each other's throat.

"What's a chicken doing up in a branch?" She questioned herself

Things were getting more weird, there was also an Eagle squawking at a vulture.

'Okay I'm going crazy...'

She focused on her almost full page, she needed a few more lines for her song.

Yes, no one knew but his brother that she composes songs. It was her favorite hobby, and it kind of runs in the Jung family.

"I'll continue this later..." she said and closed her notebook, just as their English teacher arrived.

After the greetings, their teacher immediately proceeded with the class and Yoru attentively listened. In the middle of the class, she saw an owl land on the window beside her.

It was scratching something on the window, she stared at it until the bird stopped writing.

'Jun'

The girl widened her eyes, she went to grab a random notebook and wrote something in it.

'They can shapeshift?! Why didn't I know that?!' She thought while writing the words.

She showed it to the owl, the owl nodded and flew back to the others.

'Stay in the ground hidden, I'll catch up.'

♢°•.•°•.•°⭐°•.•°•.•°♢

Yoru eventually made an excuse to go to the bathroom as she rushed down to the school grounds to find the boys, she roamed around successfully without getting caught by the teachers.

She saw the chicken peaking its head out the wall, Yoru ran to its direction.

Once she reached the birds, she bent down their level.

"What are you guys doing here?" Yoru worriedly asked

"Seungkwan didn't know the way back home." The parrot dissed, Minghao's voice.

"It's not my fault!" The woodchuck said, probably Seungkwan.

"And you guys can shape shift!" Yoru said in surprise.

"Forgot to tell you." The chicken— which sounded like Soonyoung— said.

"Who's the eagle here?" Yoru asked

"Me." Mingyu's voice said as the eagle walked in front of her

Yoru smiled in amazement, she hasn't seen something this fascinating before. She caressed the eagle's feathers as it leaned in her touch, was it really her genies?

"This is so amazing..." she widened her eyes in bewilderment

"Ehem." The vulture— Seungcheol said as she snapped back to her senses.

"I have an idea..." Yoru smiled

"Since you guys can shape shift, why don't you turn into something small so you can fit in my pocket?"

"Brilliant!" Joshua, an american bird, said

When Yoru was about to explain again, a shallow voice called...

"Yoru..."

They all turned their heads to the woodchuck— Seungkwan. His head was low as he stared at the ground, he slowly walked to Yoru's knees and he stood on it.

"I'm sorry..." he whispered

Yoru smiled, "It's okay Seungkwan, people make mistakes..."

"I'm still sorry..."

"How about I make my wish?" the girl suggested

Seungkwan smiled, "Of course."

"I wish that you'd be happy about yourself and that you'd know that people are always there for you..."

Seungkwan was touched, he almost wanted to cry, "Your wish, will be granted..."

"Now why don't you turn into a small version of yourselves while I'm in class?" Yoru made a size of 8-10 centimeters using her index finger and thumb

He nodded and turned into a mini Seungkwan, it was so cute.

The others followed him and the girl scooped them with her hands.

She put them in her blazer's pockets and she started to walk back to her classroom.

"Thanks miss smile." Seungkwan whispered

[EDITED]