(Chapter 4) Nemo

Elena's POV

When we got home, Klaus led me to my old bedroom, so I waited there until Rebekah would come.

I heard weird thuds coming from under my bed so I took a peek. There was a little white furry Pomeranian dog. When he saw my face from under the bed he started licking my cheek.

I guess they got a dog after I died.

"Nemo! Nemo! Come here boy!" I heard Klaus yell.

Aww his name's Nemo.

Klaus knocked on my door so I said, "Come in."

He saw Nemo on my lap trying to lick my face.

"I see you've met our new dog." Klaus says.

"Yeah. He's really friendly." I say.

Klaus placed a small blue bowl of dog food on the floor so Nemo jumped of my lap and started munching on the food.

"Guys I'm home!" Rebekah yelled.

Nemo ran out the door and we followed him.

Rebekah placed the bag of food on the dining table. I sat down then grabbed a plastic container and a fork.

I started eating really quick because I was insanely hungry.

I finished my food in like 2 minutes when I noticed Klaus and Rebekah stare at me in amusement.

"Sorry, I was really hungry." I say.

"It's fine. You haven't eaten in hours. It's already past noon." Rebekah replied.

I was already full though. So I just sat there and watched them eat while I sipped my Iced Tea little by little.

Nemo was walking under the dining table playing with out feet.

"Hey Nemo." I say as he started pouncing on my legs.

"You know, Nik named him after you died." Rebekah said.

"Matt gave him to me as a birthday present and Nik suggested we named him Nemo." She continued.

"Thanks." I say while smiling at Nik.

We heard the front door open then Caroline came walking into the kitchen.

"Hey guys! I brought muffins." She says.

She smiled at me as she leaned in toward Klaus and gave him a kiss. Was she trying to brag or something?

When Nemo saw Caroline he stared at her and kept barking.

"Oh hey Nemo." She says as she tried to pet his head but he jumped almost biting her hand.

"Never mind then." She says.

I stood up and threw my plate in the trash bin then I left the kitchen to go back to my room.

"Wait where are you going Elena?" Caroline asked.

"Oh I'm going back to my room. I'm tired and I just wanna sleep really." I reply.

She raised an eyebrow.

"You're staying here?" She asked.

"Yes, I invited her." Rebekah says. "Now stop bothering her and let the poor girl rest." She continued.

I held back a laugh and continued my walk up the stairs. Nemo ran after me and entered my room.

I didn't mind having him here as long as he wouldn't bark while I slept.

When I laid down, he jumped up the bed and buried himself under my covers then closed his eyes.

I pulled my covers on and hugged Nemo. Then we both fell asleep.

Rebekah's POV

I'm glad that my brother was finally going out with someone and I liked Caroline but she can be annoying and overly perky or something.

Nik's too naive to see how she stared at Elena. He was so focused on something else he didn't catch her glare at Elena when she found out that Elena would stay here.

I continued eating my IceCream while Caroline asked Klaus, "Hey maybe we can watch a movie here. I can stay over too."

"We already watched a movie at Matt's place and there aren't anymore rooms, sorry." I say.

"I can stay in Klaus's room then." She replied.

It's like she's begging me to snap her neck or drown her in a river.

"How bout next time? We're all doing something tomorrow so we'll be busy." I suggest.

"I'll just come with you guys."

I gripped my spoon harder. Inhale, exhale. Can't she understand when she's not wanted?

"It's a family thing, so it's private." I reply.

"Is Elena going?" She asked.

"Yes but she's part of this family." I reply a little too harshly.

After she finally left Klaus and we cleaned up the kitchen Klaus asked, "What did you say we were doing tomorrow?"

"Oh um Elijah's visiting tomorrow."

He nodded.

Okay now I just have to call my brother, Elijah and tell him to visit tomorrow. He's in New Orleans with his girlfriend but I'm sure he has time to visit us, I think.

I didn't mean to sound too rude to Caroline but if she's gonna be like that around Elena then she's not welcome here.

After I changed into my PJ's and washed up I called Elijah.

"Hey Elijah. How've you been?"

"Hello Rebekah. Haven't heard from you in a while. I'm good. So why'd you call?"

"Umm couldn't I just call you because I've missed you." I reply.

"Thank you but what do you want?"

I laughed, he knows me so well.

"Can you visit us tomorrow? I know it's late notice but please for meeee?" I ask.

"Fine. But why all of a sudden?"

"Nothing. I've missed you that's all. Goodbye now."

I hung up before he finished saying goodbye.

Klaus's POV

I forgot to finish feeding Nemo so I slowly opened the door to Elena's room.

Nemo was sleeping on her bed while her arm was draped around him.

I just stood there and watched them until I realized that Elena's cheek was wet. She had shed a tear in her sleep.

I walked over and wiped her face with my thumb. I watched over her for a minute or two then I grabbed Nemo's food bowl and went back downstairs.

Author's Note

I'll be updating again later. Hope you guys liked the chapter.

Thnx for Reading, vote and comment!

♡♡♡♡♡