Chapter 27

Cas' Pov

"Castiel." My father took a step forward and my breath hitched in my throat. It wasn't long before Dean appeared by my side.

"I think it's time you come home now son." He smiled his face sickly sweet. A convincing lie for those who didn't know him.

"That's not my home. A home's somewhere you feel safe, somewhere you feel loved. I've felt more love in two weeks with Dean than I have in my entire life."

"Is that where you're staying then? I didn't think there would be room for you to stay at the Winchester's."

I knew this was a dig at Dean's wealth, or lack of wealth and I immediately got defensive. Dean however remained calm and placed a hand on the small of my back to steady me.

"I'm not staying at Dean's house if that's what you're asking. And I'm not going home either!"

"Castiel if I may, I must recommend going home. We would not want to have to get anyone else involved now would we?" Mrs Naomi said dusting her suit pants with the palms of her hands.

"Well if other people got involved they would have to take into consideration why I left in the first place wouldn't they?"

Mrs Naomi glanced at my father who shifted in his place.

"I will be an adult in a few months and will be graduating anyway, you guys don't want me in the house, I will not break up with Dean or move back home, so just leave me alone." I continued.

"You are our son Castiel we only want what is best for you, and it's not him!" He snarled.

"Look sir, I might not be good for your son. I'm lazy, loud, broke, sexually confused and unsure what to do with my life. But I love him more than I've ever loved anyone before, and I only want to see him happy and safe which is much more than you have ever done for him.

He's one of the most incredible people I've ever met so if you really want to take him home against his will and keep him locked away then fine but know I won't let that happen without fighting for him. Because your son is worth fighting for."

I was speechless and pretty certain I would cry. My dad was speechless too his mouth slightly open, hands clenching the sleeves of his coat.

My mom was the one who eventually broke the stillness. Stepping forward and placing a hand on my father's shoulder.

"Love, let him go, this isn't what he wants. He's staying somewhere safe, working hard at school and mostly staying out of trouble. There's nothing else we can do." She smiled at me her eyes welling up.

My father sighed, his shoulders rising and falling as he considered the situation.

After what felt like an eternity, he spoke. "You realise if you leave now you cut ties with this family forever." He pursed his lips, his eyes staring into my soul.

It was a frightening thought, but one I'd been willing to accept since I started high school. "I know." I nodded eventually.

Without another word he closed his eyes, buttoned up his coat and walked away.

Mrs Naomi watched him go, sighed and headed back towards the school, leaving my mother glancing between me and my fathers slowly disappearing figure.

"I'm sorry." I choked.

"No, I'm sorry." She whispered tears falling down her cheeks.