Chapter 10

I climbed into Dean's car, not because I really wanted to talk about what had just happened. But because I wasn't sure if I'd make it home safely in the state I was in.

"Don't tell me this was Azazel." He hissed when the doors were shut.

I didn't reply, he knew just as well as I did. "I'm gonna kill him!" His fists clenched the steering wheel tighter until his knuckles turned white.

"Don't bother, it'll only cause more shit." I was sure Dean could beat up Azazel easily, but he wouldn't. He wouldn't because deep down he was just as scared of what Azazel could do to his social standard in school, just like everyone else. I didn't want to let myself believe he would stick up for me when I knew it wouldn't happen.

"It's just not fair." He mumbled.

I kept quiet for the rest of the journey. I had to think, and I wasn't really in a chatty mood. Eventually we arrived at my house and both got out. Dean followed me to my door then stood slightly awkwardly as I unlocked it.

"Um, do you wanna come in?" I asked. I got the impression he did by the way he was lingering.

"Ok sure. I can stay for a little while." He smiled. A little while sounded good, I didn't really want Dean to be there when my parents arrived, but until then I guess the company could be nice.

We went up to my room after I'd gathered some supplies for my bloody lip and other injuries. I cleaned up my lip as Dean chose some music to play.

"Where else are you hurt?" He asked watching me check out my bruises in the mirror.

"I think I've got some pretty bad bruises on my stomach." I mumbled, suddenly feeling a little embarrassed that I'd let myself get beaten up so bad.

"Let me see." Dean continued. 

"What?" I knew what he was insinuating but didn't quite believe it.

"Oh come on, don't be so weird about it, I just want to see the damage." He said rolling his eyes and trying to hide the blush creeping up his cheeks. 

I laughed but obliged and unbuttoned my shirt. Turning first to the mirror and then back to Dean. I had a series of dark purple bruises covering my ribcage and sides and even more sections where they hadn't come through yet but would in a day or two. Dean winced when he saw and it almost worried me how unfazed I was by the whole thing. I guessed it had happened so often that is was almost normal. 

"Jesus Cas why would someone do something like this! I always knew Azazel was an ass but I didn't think he was necessarily a bad person, not until now at least." 

I didn't reply as I think Dean was more talking to himself now. Instead I just sat down on the bed and sighed. 

"I mean why does he have to be such a homophobe. And why would he think it's ok to treat anyone like this. It's ridiculous! I'm not hanging out with him again, he doesn't deserve my attention-"

"Dean it's ok, really, I swear you're more worked up about this than I am." I cut him off mid rant and he smiled clearly embarrassed about getting so mad. 

We were now just sitting on the bed in silence and I was suddenly aware that I was shirtless. I reached for my shirt and began putting it back on when Dean grabbed my arm preventing me from finishing my task. 

"Cas." He looked into my eyes than back down to my arm and it took me less that a second to realise why he had stopped me. 

My heart dropped.

"Azazel didn't do that to you as well did he?" He gestured to the cuts on my wrist.

I wanted to lie. I wanted to tell him it was Azazel, but he already knew the answer. Instead I remained silent. I couldn't think of anything to say and even if I did the lump in my throat prevented me from making any sound at all.