Chapter 8: Heartbreak part 1

• Dedicated to My friends and family, You guys rock!!!!

BEEP… BEEP… BEEP… BEEP. I stretched my arm over to shut my alarm off. Instead I was meet by nothing just a smooth cold surface. That’s weird. I must have knocked everything off during my sleep I thought. I rubbed my eyes and sat up slowly. But when I opened my eyes the walls were bare and white this was NOT my room I mean where are all the football posters. That’s when I remembered what happened yesterday and I realised I was in a hospital.

I hated hospitals not after what happened to Brenan. Brenan was my 21 year older brother. It all happened 2 years ago back when I was dating Ian. Ian and I were at a party. I left to get a drink and when I came back he was kissing another girl. So I broke up with him. He didn’t take it well so when Brenan was walking home from work one day Ian ran him over with his car right infront of me and Brenan died 1 month later in a hospital and Ian was thrown in jail for 2 years.

Now Ian is back and my life has started to all ready fall apart.

How can one person ruin my life so much to the point where it is not possible to live anymore but when I finally make my life worth living something or someone (cough, Ian, cough) comes in a ruins everything I have done.

I was brought out of my little bubble of thinking when the door knob rattled and turned. The solid wooden door opened slowly with an ear-piercing screech. A man in a crystal, white coat walked in. I assume he is the doctor. He was around ‘6,2’ with short, midnight, black hair and sparkling blue eyes.

‘Hey Anna I’m Dr Mark. It’s nice to finally meet you. You gave us quite a fright. You were actually poisoned but we managed to make you better. If you make good progress you will be able to go home later this week probably Thursday.’ He said. He had a thick Scottish accent. ‘Thank you.’ I said as he was leaving. He gave me a sharp nod showing me he heard and then he left.

As soon as he left My mum and dad came in swarming me in hugs, Mum looked like, No offence, s**t. She had dark circles under her eyes and her normally straight, neat hair was all knotted and all over the place.

Dad looked pretty bad as well his clothes were all messed up and his face looked like he had just had everything he owned stolen.

No words were spoken but it was a comfortable silence to be in. My mum started getting tears in her eyes. I tried to sit up to comfort her but she rushed to my side in the blink of an eye. She pushed me back into the soft, feathered hospital bed.

‘Sh you need to sleep and rest. You shouldn’t be getting up now.’ This time it was my dad who spoke. His soft Australian accent was clear in his voice. Although he had lived here many years, he was originally from Australia and he has never lost his Australian accent.

A few hours later my mum and dad left. Brad had brought me flowers and Colin had brought me a fluffy teddy bear. I heard the door creak open for about the hundredth time today. I slowly lifted my head slowly to look at the intruder.

I swear the blood had drained from my face and time it’s self-stopped. Standing in the door was the all- famous one and only Connor Maynard and his friends stood there. Connor is my other older brother. He’s 19 and got his own band.

I mentally groaned. Why? Oh why did it have to be me? Connor carefully took a step into my room with his ‘’pack’’ following him. They tell me all the time that they are not Connor’s Pack but I mean come on! They follow him everywhere. I am pretty sure that packs follow their leader around 24/7 and Connor is their lead singer and they follow him everywhere so PACK!

Well at least they care enough to come. Connor and I get along OK but it’s not the best relationship I have ever had. It Kind of had something to do with the fact that I was really close to Brenan. So when he died I found out Connor was actually my brother. Although Connor isn’t replacing Brenan it still feels like it but I’m not mean so I try to be nice to him and the pack but it’s a lot to take in all at once.

‘Hey how are you?’ Connor asked to start a conversation. ‘I’ve been better but onto important business. Who poisoned me?’ I asked curiosity over taking me because no one had said a word and I knew if anyone was going to spill it would be Connor and the Pack.

‘Um… well’ Connor started as he scratched the back of his neck indicating he knew something but was not going to spill. ‘Spill Connor.’ I demanded in what I thought was in a scary voice.

Connor didn’t even flinch. A frown over took my face because most people were terrified of that look even if it wasn’t for them. But Connor, nothing. He put an equally scary face on. Wow he really was a lot like me. ‘Anna I have something important to tell you and I also have no idea who poisoned you.’ He looked so sad.

I nodded slowly bracing myself for the news. ‘Anna you had… A miscarriage.’ My breathing stopped. I couldn’t think. My whole body slumped back onto the bed. ‘Anna breathe!’ Connor slapped me rapidly trying to keep me awake but I was slipping away and before I knew it I was back in blackness.