Chapter 5: Medival let down

I was slowly rocking back and forth. I woke up fully and realised Colin was shaking me to get up. ‘Anna you have school today I drive you but you have to wake up’ He smiled as he leaned down and kissed me on the cheek. I moaned as I really did not want to go to school today.

‘Errrrrr… fine Colin’ I said as I scrambled out my bed and rummaged through my closet for an outfit. After finding my outfit I road to school with Colin. When we got there everybody was excited. I left Colin and met up with Matt in the playground outside the school entrance and then we went into school.

It was medieval day witch meant that a medieval specialist would be coming in and showing us stuff including the weapons like crossbows and swords.

Later that day in last period the whole of my year was in the hall learning about the weapons the last one was the crossbow. ‘Would anyone want to have a go? I need a boy and a girl.’ The man in charged asked. I didn’t put my had up because no matter where I aim it, it always goes in the middle. Sadly the man picked Zak a the trouble maker in the year and he picked me even though I didn’t have my hand up.

Zak went first and hit the first one in the yellow and the second one in the blue. Then it was my turn. I grabbed the crossbow and two arrows. I fired the first one bang in the middle and the second one straight through the first one and hit the target splitting the first one in half. There were gasps and whispers spreading throughout the hall.

‘Where did you learn how to do that?’ Asked the person in charge. I was so flustered they can’t know. I had no idea what I was doing so I dropped the crossbow and ran outside and started to ring Brad. Paul came out shortly after wards. ‘What are ya doing?’ He asked.

‘Shh, I’m calling Brad.’ I shouted. ‘Why?’ He said. Then Brad picked up. ‘Hello?’ He said in a jolly voice. ‘Brad I need you, Colin and the others to pick me up after school and then go hunting pull up in the normal place at school.’ I worried. ‘Yer why?’ He said.

‘Cause I want to go hunting with my couz and fiancé and of course everyone else.’ I replied. I waited patiently but there was only silence until he replied ‘Ok meet ya there. Bye love ya couz.’ ‘Love ya too.’ And with that I hung up.

The day went by calm and normal and everything was fine.