Chapter 2

That night I struggle to sleep thinking about the animal I glimpsed in the woods. What was it, did I imagine it? If it was a few years ago I would of said so as I was so drugged up with morphling that I used to imagine all sorts of things. It sounded and moved like nothing else I've seen in the woods. I try to think what it could possibly be from things my father taught me, or what I learnt in school. But I can't think of anything. After a while my mind wanders to other problems playing on my mind.

I look across at Peeta sleeping soundly next to me and wonder what's holding me back in giving myself to him. I have accepted in my own mind that I love him and that I should move on with my life. Is it only that I'm afraid someone will take him away from me that's holding me back, That I might lose him? I'm already happy being with him and he's always in my thoughts when we're apart and I know he loves me. But it must be difficult for him not knowing what my true feelings are towards him although he must suspect what I feel by the way I act around him.

Suddenly it dawns on me, I'll show him how much I love him. I slide out from under the covers trying not to wake him, he stirs but goes back to sleep.

I tip toe across the room to the bathroom, close the door and turn on the light. I untie my braid and brush my hair down taking a little time to brush out the tangles. I then remove my night gown and underwear and stand in front of the mirror completely naked. Will Peeta want me? I hope so.

I look in the mirror and realise that I want this, Peeta is mine, and I am his.
I can feel the hunger for him surging through me in anticipation, that warm feeling extending through my body, the feeling that this feels so right.

I turn off the light, open the door and silently, tip toe back to the bed and slip back under the covers, I'm so nervous I'm almost trembling! The feeling surging through me feels electric, a sort of nervous excitement.

I try to keep my body away from his and lean across and whisper in his ear, "Peeta" I say softly, as his eyes blink open.

"Are you okay Katniss", he asks sleepily.

I don't answer, I just slide over and put my arms around him, he reaches out to hold me and gasps when he feels my nakedness in his arms. "Katniss I..". I put my finger to his lips to stop him, this isn't a time for talking. I realise that this was always going to happen, that he's my dandelion in the spring, that I am always going to be with Peeta. It just took this moment for me to realise it.

The next few hours go by in a blur of kissing, cuddling and love making. So after, when he asks me "love me, real or not real?"

I answer, "Real".

In the morning I wake and look across at Peeta. He's already awake, staring at the sunrise out the window.

"Hey" I say.

He looks at me with an embarrassed look on his face. " What's wrong? I ask"

"Something happened last night, I had a dream, not a bad dream but something I don't think I can talk about.

I try to keep a serious look on my face. "Really Peeta? it must of been good, you looked very content looking at the sunrise"

He looks at me again, and I can't help but burst out laughing. He looks at me strangely not understanding the joke until I pull down the sheets exposing my bare breasts, he sits open mouthed and then looks under the duvet now realising that I'm completely naked. He turns to me smiling then dives under the covers and starts tickling me.