Chapter 6: Our Little Secret, Promise ?

~Few Days Later~

<<Matts POV>>

"OH MY GOD. WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?" Karen nearly shouted at the computer screen. I was almost completely bald. It was really different seeing myself like this.
"Umm, Ryan Gosling happened." I told Karen rubbing the back of my head. Ryan popped in the screen and waved hello. "Ryan, what did you do to my husband?" She asked over the video call. "I gave him a makeover." He smiled widely at Karen through the camera.

~2 Months Later~

It was midnight. I was talking on the phone with Karen, which would be around 6 am for her.

"So, when do you come home?" She asked.
"Umm..." I rubbed my tired eyes, "Probably early September." I could hear her pout, "It's only 3 weeks from now."

"Wait, hold on, ill be right back. I think I hear your daughter being a little monster downstairs." She left the phone and I waited. I put the call on speaker and laid my phone on my chest and placed my hands behind my head. I could hear the door open from her side of the call and the laughters of a toddler.

"Tell daddy what you did." Karen told her. River still giggling. "River?" I asked.
"This little bug, snuck into the cupboards and got cookies."
I faked a surprise, "AHH, Little Bug, is this true." I could hear her little giggles, "Yes." She finally said.

Then.
I heard a cry.
"Ill be back." Karen said.
I heard the door open,
"Daddy, when are you home again?" Rivers sweet little voice asked. "Not far from now. I promise, when I get home we will go get pizza and go to the arcade and play games. Just the two of us, dose that sound okay?"
She cheered. I sat up, "Shh, but don't tell mummy. It's our secret. Promise?"
"Promise." She said back
I heard Karen, "Promise not to tell me what?"

"NOTHING." Both River and I said at the same time.