Alternate Ending #1

I was driving to my parents house before a truck crashed into my car. I had the kids with me while Matt was at work. I woke up in a hospital almost drenched in sweat. I called for a nurse and heard heartbreaking news that made me curl up and cry my eyes out. Soon I felt the comforting hands of matt hug me and I hugged him back. The news killed us and we both cried on each others shoulders.

Before I knew it, I woke up again. Crying and sweating. It was just a nightmare, kind of. I was actually in the hospital. I saw Matt on the couch by the window sleeping. I rubbed my head in pain then I disconnected the wires that were attached to me. I started heading for my room door, I had to go look for the kids. But before I could exit Matt woke up and caught me.

"Im sorry I woke you Matt, go back to sleep." He looked at me rubbing his eyes, "KAREN! You're awake!" he turned on the table side lamp.

"Yes, I'm awake. Why wouldn't I be awake?" I questioned him. "Are you okay? Why are you crying?" he asked in a caring manner. "I had a terrible nightmare and I had to go check on the kids," he stood up.

He looked at me, not in a comforting way but in a confused-so-im-gonna-tilt-my-head-and-pretened-i-know-what-youre-talking-about kind of way. "Karen lay down, you're not okay. Ill call the nurse and tell her you finally woke up." I shot a look at him, "What do you mean finally?'

"Ill be right back, wait here."

He walked out the room leaving me alone. What did he mean finally ? Not too long after the nurse entered, but he didn't. The nurse told me he stopped to go to the bathroom but I didn't believe it since my hospital room had a bathroom in it. I looked up at the nurse as she rehooked the wires I disconnected.

"What is the last thing you remember?" I was zoned out "Hmm?" I asked zoning back in asking her to repeat her question. "What is the last thing you remember?" I sat back in deep thought before answering. "I-i remember getting hit then I saw black, then the last thing I remember was me waking up here and seeing Matt walk out the bathroom then falling back asleep right after." I said that while pointing to the door in the corner of the room.

She pulled up a chair and explained to me what happened, "As you know, you were in a car accident. It wasn't sever but it wasn't an easy one. You have a short amnesia forgetting a couple of things but you were also in a coma for about 4 days." 4 days? I thought. I was basically dead for 4 days. I got scared and panicked for a bit as she walked out and came back in with Matt then left us two alone.

"Was I really out for 4 days?" I said crying a bit. A tear fell out his eye as he nodded. "But it is okay, K. I never left your side. I've been here ever since you got in here and I've slept on that sofa for 5 days."

He sat at the foot of the bed asking me questions and see what I remembered and what I forgot. I remembered our wedding day, our first date, what we did for my birthday last year etc , etc., and I forgot some small stuff like how when we went camping, or went walking on the beach a few weeks ago. He showed me pictures of friends and family to see if I remembered them and I did. A few minuets of silence and he asks, "Hey Karen?" he paused and I hummed in response, "When I saw you leaving, what did you mean you were going to check up on 'the kids'?"

I laughed at his response, how didn't he know? They were his kids. "Our kids Matt. They were with me. Don't play games with me like that, you're scaring me." He moved closer to me and held my hands in his. "K, we don't have any kids. You made them up while you were in the coma." I pulled back, his response made me mad, I started tearing up a bit, "Matt, I don't know what game you're playing but I really don't appreciate it."

He sighed and gave me a hug, I didn't hug back. He picked up my chin with his delicate hands and we made eye contact. "Im sorry Karen. But you were living a dreamed that seemed like reality." I stood laying in shock staring at the wall in front of me. "please Karen. Get some rest."

A/N im sorry.