21 | Boys

Leah's POV

I stand there, jaw hanging and eyes wide.

He just slapped me.

"You fucking asshole..." I whisper. He just stands there, I believe he is a little surprised he just did that too. I turn quickly and run up to my room and lock the door behind me while I start to cry.

My father and I have never had the best relationship. He's always been bipolar and moody and I have always been scared of him. He gets loud, breaks things, and I've even watched him slam his fist through the wall a few times. I never imagined he would even put his hands on me though... I thought that was too low, even for him.

I let the tears pour over my cheeks, hurt in more ways than one by tonight's events. Not only and am I hurt from my father's actions, but from the reminder of Jennifer at dinner. I miss her more than anything and I just want her back. I wish things could be different so badly.

-

"- I mean he is clearly cheating on her..." Amy finishes her sentence while poking her straw around in her smoothie. I'm in a daze... I'm hardly listening to what she has to say.

"Sorry, what?" I ask, shaking my head and trying to focus on her. "Okay, spill. You've been super distracted this morning. What gives?" She asks me. "I- nothing. It's nothing, seriously." I lie to her. There's so much...

"Leah..." "Look, I don't want to get into it. I'm just- ugh." I sigh. I don't even have the words to describe what I feel anymore. "Is it her?" She asks.

Her. It's always her.

"No, I mean- it kind of is. She'll always be part of it, Amy. I just want her back so bad and last night my dad and I got into it and it made things so much worse." I confess. "What happened?" "He got upset because I pretty much told the whole family I like girls..." "Yikes, that's rough. Your family is super conservative and shut-off to that whole scene." She says. I sigh and widen my eyes, "who are you telling? I'm just so over this, Amy. I feel like I'm at my breaking point." I sigh, frowning and closing my eyes.

I can't tell her my dad hit me... I mean, I'm not okay with him doing that, but I still wouldn't tell anyone that sort of thing because I don't want him to get in trouble. He's my dad...

"Hey, chin up. Look, we are days away from graduation! Once that's done, we have our whole lives ahead of us. We can built our own lives away from everyone. You can date whoever you want without having to answer to anyone. Things are gonna be okay, babe." She assures me, rubbing my arm. "Easier said than done." "Listen... I wasn't going to say anything until my birthday, but my parents are getting me an apartment near my college campus. I'm so down for a roommate." She says. "You mean... me? Moving in with you?" I ask, seriously confused by her offer. She knows my situation better than anyone.

"Leah, yes!" "I don't have money, Amy. I can't afford to be on my own." I sigh. "Shut up. It's no cost to you... just move in with me and get a job." She says. I sigh and bite my cheek, "I don't know. We'll see. My birthday is still almost a whole entire month away." I groan. "Start packing early!" She giggles.

Moving in with her wouldn't be a horrible thing... it would get me away from my dad and that's my main goal right now. It's a lot to consider though.

Moments later my phone lights up. Amy sees it and gives me a look, "Ooh, Jalen." She teases. "Shut up." I hiss. "He still likes you, Le. Go for him." "What?! No. Have you missed the whole 'in love with Jennifer' thing?" I ask her, paying no attention to my phone. She rolls her eyes and snatches my phone up, replying to this boy for me. "Okay, fine. Don't get back together with him! Just... have sex with him." She giggles. My eyes widen and I try grabbing my phone with no success.

"Amy! Stop!" I gripe. She smirks and finishes off her message before giving my phone back. I quickly unlock it and see what the damage is.

"I think we should hook up tonight, if I'm being totally honest."

Seriously? She's gotta be kidding.

"I'm not sleeping with him, Amy. I'm not ready for that." I say and shake my head. "Come on... it wouldn't be the first time! You always told me he was good in bed." She says. She isn't totally wrong, but him being bad in bed isn't the issue. "The problem doesn't lie with how good he is or is not in bed... it's the fact that he isn't her." I say.

After the words leave my mouth, my phone vibrates in my hand.

"Oh, straight to the point! I like that, Leah. I'm down."

Boys... this is all they want. Sex sex sex.

I sigh and shake my head, "Thanks for this... now I have to see him tonight." I groan. "Just do it- I mean, do him." She pushes. I roll my eyes and stand up, "Yeah, right. I have to get home. I'll text you tonight. Love you, be safe!" I say to her as I walk away.

-

I sigh and roll my eyes as I climb into the passenger seat of Jalen's car. I told my parents I was going to a job interview, and surprisingly they bought it.

"Hey, how are you?" I ask him. He looks at me with a smug grin and licks his lips, "I'm doing better now. What about you? You look damn good." He says, looking at my thighs.

I picked a bad day to wear these tight ass jeans...

Jalen drives us to his house and we're alone. I was really hoping his parents would be here or something, but that's too easy. Now I'm completely alone with a boy who is under the impression that we are about to have a nasty little hook up.... help.

I sit down on the couch and he smiles and makes his way over to me. He takes the seat beside me and his hand instantly goes to my thigh. I am not even phased... usually thigh touching soaks me, but this isn't even doing anything for me. I'm more annoyed by it than anything.

Of course, he takes the next logical step. He kisses me, I kiss back. I am trying to make this pleasant and somehow talk myself and my body into being into this... but it just isn't happening.

I find myself straddling his lap and I feel his bulge in his jeans. God. I don't want this.

He starts kissing my neck and trying to pull my shirt off, but I just can't go through with it.

"Stop- just stop." I demand. "Leah, what?" He giggles, kissing me more and rubbing my breasts. "I'm done. I can't-" I say and get off of him. He grabs my wrist and I look at him, feeling a little scared. "Jalen, don't." I beg. He shakes his head and hesitates, but he lets me go. "I need to go." I say and grab my things, rushing out the door. "I can take you!" He yells to me. "I'll Uber." I say and walk on.

That was awful, truly fucking awful. I can't even get the slightest bit turned on by someone who isn't Jennifer. I want to see her....