Chapter 3

"It's an abnormal!" a soldier yelled. I nearly screamed when I saw a person come out of the abnormal. 

"Is that...is that Eren?" I muttered, watching Mikasa pull the person out. It was Eren.  I wanted to cry and laugh at the same time. "How is this even possible? He's...he's alive. He's alive!" 

I began to cry...and laugh. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy.  

"Damn it, Jaeger," I said between the laughs and tears. "Making me worry like that." 

Little did I know that my happiness was short lived. 

*30 minutes later* 

"I'm going to kill you all," I heard Eren mutter. Fear flooded over me. Did he mean it? What happened inside that titan? Did he switch sides? 

"Eren," Armin said nervously. "Are you alright?" 

"I'm going to kill you all." 

"Did you hear that?" A captain of the military yelled. "He said he's going to kill us all. Is that enough proof?" 

The cannons were aimed at us. 

"Eren, please," I begged. "Snap out of it." 

The looks on everyone's faces scared the crap out of me, but I couldn't abandon my friends. Eren's eyes widened as he finally woke up from his trance. 

"What...where?" he muttered. Then he saw the cannons. 

"Cadet Jaeger!" the captain yelled. 

"Yes, sir?" 

"Are you a human or a titan?" 

"A human, sir." 

He couldn't be a titan. 

"So you say," the captain said as he raised his hand. My eyes widened. No. The cannon. 

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. 

"Lelia, Armin, get to the wall! I'll get Eren!" Mikasa yelled. The captain's hand started to lower. I tried to run, but couldn't. Please. I don't want to die.  

"NO!" Eren yelled as he struggled to get out of Mikasa's arms. "I need to help!" 

I saw him bring his hand to his mouth and bite down so hard that he drew blood. I closed my eyes, ready for death. The cannon went of, but I was still in one piece. 

"What?" I opened my eyes. Eren had protected us. Mikasa was staring around while Armin was freaking out. We were surrounded by the upper body of a titan. Holy crap. 

"We're in a titan," Armin was really freaking out. 

"Holy shit," I looked around. 

"Armin, calm down," Mikasa said. "Eren did this for us." 

For us. 

"Oh my god," I muttered. "This is not happening." 

There was a big cracking sound as the titan started to disappear. I almost reached out and touched it. 

"Hey," Eren said. "Are you guys alright?" 

I nodded. "I think so." 

"Why is the titan disappearing?" Armin asked. 

"I don't know why it's disappearing. I think it's finished it's purpose," Eren said. 

"Purpose?" I asked. 

"Protecting you guys from the cannon." 

"Your hand...you bit it." 

"Yeah. I think that's the trigger. Causing self pain." 

"But..." 

"It's okay. Now I can kill all the titans," Eren said with an evil smile. It creeped me out a little. 

"We need to leave now," Mikasa said. "The cannon will be ready again soon." 

Shit. Forgot about that. 

"Hang on," Eren said. "I'm going by myself." 

"But..." I protested. 

"Eren, no!" Armin exclaimed. "You can't just leave!" 

"Eren..." 

Mikasa was right. The cannon was reloading. 

"It's not ideal, but we need to make a choice now!" I said. 

"I do have a second idea," Eren nodded. "This will only work if Armin agrees to it." 

I tried to ignore the glares from above as Eren quickly told us the plan. 

"So, that's the plan," Eren finished. "Armin, it's up to you. I wish I could give you time to decide, but you need to make a choice within the next ten seconds. If you think you can't do it, I'll go with my first plan." 

"I don't like this," I muttered. We heard the cannon click. It was time. 

"Armin?" Eren asked. 

"I'll do it," Armin said quietly. 

I popped my knuckles nervously. "Fuck." 

"Armin," Mikasa said. "Be careful." 

The cannon was aimed at us again. This was it. Live or die. 

I watched as the conversation rallied back and forth. Eventually, the conversation was stopped by a commander. 

"Can't you see this cadet's heartfelt salute?" the commander said. "The least we can do is hear them out." 

A few more minutes were added to our lifespans. 

*********************************************************************** 

Author's Note: Happy Valentine's Day!