❁ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ¹¨ ᴷᵃʸˡᵃᶦ

"Wake up!" Saven said. Groggily, Kaylai's eyes peeled open. "You've slept past 7:30! You're late for Training 2! Get up!"

Kaylai sat up. The book he was reading fell to the floor. Saven stared at it. "Kaylai! You know better!" She bent down, picking up the book.

Kaylai jumped up, and wrapped his arms around Saven's waist as she read the title. "'He is No One?'" She smiled, then Kaylai laughed.

"You know reading is forbidden!" Saven scolded, before straying off course to ask "Why do you do it?" She turned in his arms to face Kaylai. He pulled her close, kissing her hairline. "It's only wrong when you get caught."

The smile on Saven's beautiful, gentle face faded. She pulled away to stand by the window, silent. The gray morning spread towards the far horizon before her eyes. Kaylai sidled up next to the weary female.

"They're watching you, Kaylai. They think you're.." She trailed off. The male took her shoulders, and turned her towards him. Tears began to well up in her eyes. Kaylai leaned down, softly connecting their lips. He pulled her close. She pulled him closer.

In the midst of the kiss, a knock on Kaylai's door forced them to pull apart. "Get ready, and stay safe, Lai," Saven stated, before moving away, then crossing the room, towards the door. Opening it, two words left her lips. "Love you." She disappeared around the corner. Kaylai sighed and dressed for the day.