What just happened?

Kaylai laughed as Jack tried to ride the mechanical bull with one hand. He was shrieking like a girl, and was causing Marlene and Saven to giggle. Finally, Jack gave up and let go. He flew into the rubber mat with a loud smack. 

Kaylai walked over to a very sore Jack. "How ya feelin'?" He asked as he helped Jack up. Jack checked out his hands. "Like shit. My hands feel like....I don't even know. They feel like they are on fire." 

Then, Marlene appeared with an ice pack in her hand. "Here, boo. Put this on them. It will make your hand feel better." She said as she pressed the ice pack on his hands. 

Saven appeared behind her with ice cream. "Here. This should make your ego feel better." She said before busting out laughing. Jacks ears turned red. " My ego is just fine!" He hissed, but taking the ice cream anyways. Kaylai chuckled quietly. These were his friends, and no one could change that. 

                                                                    No One

Kaylai flinched as the name entered his mind. Saven saw him flinch. She questioned him with her eyes. Kaylai just shook his head. She sighed. "Hey, wanna go get some bread that has cheese and tomato sauce and all sorts of toppings on it?" Jack asked, his arm snaking around Marlene's waist. 

Kaylai chuckled as Saven asked, "You mean pizza?" Jack stared at her. "I guess. Do you want to go?" Marlene nodded, and Saven said "Sure". Everyone looked at Kaylai, who was looking into the distance. He seemed to be in a daze. "Uh, you guys go ahead. I'll catch up. Potty break." He said as he walked off. 

Saven looked after him worriedly, but Marlene pulled on her arm. "Come on. He'll be fine. He's a big boy." Saven hesitated, but let herself get dragged along. She knew that Marlene was right, but she couldn't stop worrying about Kaylai. Suddenly, she heard a click by her ear. Turning, she gasped and froze.

     There stood Jack, a pistol in each hand, pointed at Saven and Marlene.

                                                     What just happened?